Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

6 hours ago, May-Z said:

Jordan Henderson. I don't get it. 

Seems to get lauded in these videos where he's shouting encouragement to his team but think he's an average, athletic player who is a bit of a cheerleader.

£20m doesn't look a lot nowadays but when Liverpool spent that on him it was a big deal.

Initially I would have agreed with you but I think he has added to his game. Lifting the champions league and premier league as Liverpool captain suggests so.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Isn't he 20 or something?

Got to love slating these youngsters :D 

He's 21, which is definitely younger than I thought he was. I guess he came through young. Regardless, I think he's way off the pace needed. Maybe he should have had more time on loan where he could play regularly.

I remember people banging on that we should spend 30 million on Origi over Watkins in the summer, he cant get near this Liverpool team that are struggling everyweek to score

the decline of Firmino in the last 18 months has been absolutely shocking, poor management by the club not to see this coming and get a replacement. Keinan Davis looks more dangerous these days

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Willian Jose, shocking performance 

I honestly didn’t know he was playing until he fouled Mings deep in their half after about 65 minutes played. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Must admit I don’t get Calvert-Lewin

he’s like a shit Andy Carroll yet pundits seem to love him

19 goals this season though. Andy Carroll has cored something like 1 goal in three years. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I said it when he signed for Chelsea that he will fail miserably in England but I think its definitely time to call Timo Werner a flop

Wesley has a better Premier League goals per game record than him

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I said it when he signed for Chelsea that he will fail miserably in England but I think its definitely time to call Timo Werner a flop

In about 350 minutes less played as well. Werner has 9 assists thou which is rather good.

On 25/03/2021 at 23:46, PaulC said:

19 goals this season though. Andy Carroll has cored something like 1 goal in three years. 

Not only that, Caroll's highest tally in a season ever was 19, and that was in the Championship.  His best tally in a PL season (all competitions) was 11.Their playstyle is similar, that's fair, but it's madness to suggest Calvert-Lewin isn't as good as Carroll was. 

Carroll would be on my shortlist as one of the most overrated PL strikers ever. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he'd suit us, quick play, counter, him and ollie switching around 

Not sure if he puts the shift in that Ollie does though, I'm thinking no he doesn't press like that 

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he'd suit us, quick play, counter, him and ollie switching around 

Not sure if he puts the shift in that Ollie does though, I'm thinking no he doesn't press like that 

He has pace and is a decent presser but his technique isnt great. He hss always missed too many easy chances and if the defence is deep he is a useless option 

Nagelsmann got the best from him by not making him the main striker which allowed him space to get chances when Poulsen dragged defenders away

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 23:22, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not a rubbish player but someone who once had promise and has turned into a bit of a nothing player is Nathan Redmond. Wouldn't trade El Ghazi for him.

I bloody would.

I would too but that's more a reflection on my opinion on el ghazi

He has done a bit of a shaun Wright Phillips though and become a tricky pacy winger entering his late 20s having seemingly lost his pace and trickery, been found out a little by fullbacks and never really been that great a crosser of a ball to now compensate for it, they're ten to the dozen in English football

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would too but that's more a reflection on my opinion on el ghazi

He has done a bit of a shaun Wright Phillips though and become a tricky pacy winger entering his late 20s having seemingly lost his pace and trickery, been found out a little by fullbacks and never really been that great a crosser of a ball to now compensate for it, they're ten to the dozen in English football

El Ghazi is 25.

He is not consistent enough to be a top, top, player.

On his day is still useful to have in the squad imo.

Â