Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

29 minutes ago, FrenchVillaLova said:

Veratti. Not half as good as he's made out to be and still living on the good games he had against Champions League opposition four or five seasons ago.

issue I think for Verratti is that he has not got the competition to develop into the player he could have been, its not just him but a few PSG players fall into the same category in recent times.

He is also guilty of getting stupid cards in big games

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Odoi and Tim Ream must be two of the worst defenders seen in premier league for a long time. Incredible Fulham have given them another crack at it after 18/19.

Completely agree. They were woeful last time out, and they certainly haven't improved with age. Hector's not much better either, he might be a better athlete but his positioning is all over the place. Parker did that thing tonight that managers do when they realise their CB's are crap, and that's put them all in the pitch at once in the hope they can make up for in numbers what they lack in quality. More often than not it doesn't work, and you could see they didn't know where they supposed to be or what they were supposed to be doing.

I was thinking about your 'for a long time' comment, and sadly I suspect you don't have to go back quite that far, as I guess Richards, Lescott and Okore were an even worse corps of CBs.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Odoi and Tim Ream must be two of the worst defenders seen in premier league for a long time. Incredible Fulham have given them another crack at it after 18/19.

They were dreadful, Hector was a bit better but nothing special. I think they still have Alfie Mawson on the books who I rated at Swansea but disappeared out of nowhere

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â