Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I would too but that's more a reflection on my opinion on el ghazi

He has done a bit of a shaun Wright Phillips though and become a tricky pacy winger entering his late 20s having seemingly lost his pace and trickery, been found out a little by fullbacks and never really been that great a crosser of a ball to now compensate for it, they're ten to the dozen in English football

Yep I think England is coming to the end of that era luckily for them. Play fastest player out wide and hope 2 of the 10 crosses come to something. Sterling could have easily went that way as he looked that player at Liverpool 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep I think England is coming to the end of that era luckily for them. Play fastest player out wide and hope 2 of the 10 crosses come to something. Sterling could have easily went that way as he looked that player at Liverpool 

Turn the full back around, play it in to the space behind him and get him playing the wrong way, then press, he doesn't want it... We reached a WC semi final playing that shit... 

Might as well throw a chalk on their boots cliche too

There's still more than a fair few who want pacey direct wingers in our transfer thread, football has moved on

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Timo wermer is not rubbish. Hes always a threat with his pace and next season I bet he gets 20 goals 

He's not rubbish but he does look suited to a position and playing style that Chelsea don't use him in 

Said during the FA Cup semi final I think his movement and anticipation isn't good enough to play a proper out and out number 9, especially vs 2 good CBs, however if you let him drift a bit wide behind the full back and then have him coming in using his pace he's a much better player

Havertz is kind of the same but better, Chelsea just need to find a way to get him settled and get the best out of him which at the moment they're not 

Edited by villa4europe

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Timo wermer is not rubbish. Hes always a threat with his pace and next season I bet he gets 20 goals 

Diego Forlan was not rubbish either - except when he played for ManUre. Might be the same thing for Werner at Chelsea.

He gets himself into good positions and makes good opportunities - mostly from his pace - but you are never confident he will finish the chances.

Reminds me of Gabby.

11 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Diego Forlan was not rubbish either - except when he played for ManUre. Might be the same thing for Werner at Chelsea.

He gets himself into good positions and makes good opportunities - mostly from his pace - but you are never confident he will finish the chances.

Reminds me of Gabby.

Like I said I think he will come good next season. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's doing better in the PL than I thought he would to be fair to him, he looks like he's at the perfect club for him

Utter word removed though... So yeah looks like he's at the perfect club for him... 

Perfect club that allows him to miss 3 sitters a game.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Angel Di Maria has looked brilliant everywhere apart from Man United.
Not sure if it’s the Premier league or England where some quality players just fail to click.

He had personal problems in England with his family, they got the house broken into and they never settled

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Angel Di Maria has looked brilliant everywhere apart from Man United.
Not sure if it’s the Premier league or England where some quality players just fail to click.

I thought he was brilliant in the first half against City and those corners, unplayable. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 10:47, Zatman said:

He had personal problems in England with his family, they got the house broken into and they never settled

His Paris home was robbed recently with his family inside. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Weird day to write this, when he was man of the match and scored an excellent goal.

Yeah i wrote it as i was watching motd after his diving shithousery but before his cruyff turn finesse. 

Â