Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly disillusioned with the club not getting the kit announced yet. (as well as many other things)

They expect fans to fork out money each year to buy the latest kit but seem satisfied to be the last club to reveal it.

Again, pretty poor treatment of fans by the club.

I have to say, the time frame in which they reveal kits is the least of my worries for our football club.

I get that but the income from shirt sales makes up a large percentage of the clubs income (again, money from fans, not sponsors) and the delays only reinstall the feeling of incompetence or disdain (towards fans) from the hierarchy.

Surely the kit design has already been finalised? Why can't it be released?

Do they? How much do shirt sales account for in terms of our income? I can't believe that it's really that much at all - if 50,000 fans bought shirts, you're looking at what.. 2.5mil? And even then, how much will the club see from that after tax, logistics and all the other stuff?

In any case, it'll pale in significance next to the TV money.

• Like 1

I have to say, the time frame in which they reveal kits is the least of my worries for our football club.

I get that but the income from shirt sales makes up a large percentage of the clubs income 

No it doesn't.

(I do agree with your point though that we're consistently one of the last teams to release their kit)

When it comes to choosing a manufacturer is it the club who decide that yeah its them we want to go with or is it the manufacturer who lets the club use their brand? 

i.e.  how are we stuck with this Macron rubbish and would the likes of Nike and Adidas want to be associated with a team whose ambition is to keep escaping relegation every year?

When it comes to choosing a manufacturer is it the club who decide that yeah its them we want to go with or is it the manufacturer who lets the club use their brand? 

i.e.  how are we stuck with this Macron rubbish and would the likes of Nike and Adidas want to be associated with a team whose ambition is to keep escaping relegation every year?

Only 1 team is sponsored by Nike in the entire Premier League, tells you something when all the clubs have left them, as for Adidas they have the same templates for every team

• Like 1

Who the f buys training wear?

Me.

When it's all reduced to £5 and £10 at the end of each season

£10 for tops, £5 shorts and £3 socks.

Most of it looks better than the actual kit

• Like 1

When it comes to choosing a manufacturer is it the club who decide that yeah its them we want to go with or is it the manufacturer who lets the club use their brand?  i.e.  how are we stuck with this Macron rubbish and would the likes of Nike and Adidas want to be associated with a team whose ambition is to keep escaping relegation every year?

Only 1 team is sponsored by Nike in the entire Premier League, tells you something when all the clubs have left them, as for Adidas they have the same templates for every team

Not just in England, but off the top of my head:

Celtic (New Balance)

Juventus (Adidas)

PSV (Umbro)

Have all left as well. Now wouldn't be a bad time to go back to Nike really.

As for Adidas, they do use the same templates but their stuff is by far the best quality of any manufacturer. The bigger problem would be getting the three stripes to suit the claret and blue.

Â