PauloBarnesi

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe but any big signing West Ham make either gets injured (Carroll) or wants to leave quickly (Payet).

They also spent 40m on Javier Hernandez and Aranutovic this summer.

They also sold Ayew for 20m in January with nobody of note coming in. They are raking it in.

edit : they also got good money for Sakho and Fonte.

Edited by rodders0223

Ayew was great first time around at Swansea.

Think the bigger issue here is they sign all these big name players and they do nothing at West Ham, either too old or lack motivation after coming from top 4 club.

Carroll- Always injured.

Aranutovic- Good at Stoke, had a really good spell around xmas but seems to have lost form again.

Hernandez- Offers nothing if he can't goal poach.

Zabaleta- Too old.

Evra- Why did they sign him?!

Fonte- Was great at Southampton but hardly played at West Ham.

Ayew- 15 goals in his one season at Swansea. Could barely score at West Ham.

Joao Mario- Never really rated him when I saw him for Inter or Portugal but he still has decent pedigree in the game yet barely made an impact for them so far.

Joe Hart- Bad error to get him in. He's massively on the decline.

8 of those they've signed in last two summers.

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ayew was great first time around at Swansea.

Think the bigger issue here is they sign all these big name players and they do nothing at West Ham, either too old or lack motivation after coming from top 4 club.

Carroll- Always injured.

Aranutovic- Good at Stoke, had a really good spell around xmas but seems to have lost form again.

Hernandez- Offers nothing if he can't goal poach.

Zabaleta- Too old.

Evra- Why did they sign him?!

Fonte- Was great at Southampton but hardly played at West Ham.

Ayew- 15 goals in his one season at Swansea. Could barely score at West Ham.

Joao Mario- Never really rated him when I saw him for Inter or Portugal but he still has decent pedigree in the game yet barely made an impact for them so far.

Joe Hart- Bad error to get him in. He's massively on the decline.

8 of those they've signed in last two summers.

Question is though is that bilic signings? Or the board?

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Question is though is that bilic signings? Or the board?

Just now, VillaChris said:

Likes of Calleri and Zaza were board signings.

I don't know about the inner workings of West Ham, but Moyes was recently interviewed on Talksport, saying he would like more control over transfers. Here

When this lot were at small heath rumours were rife that the board were buying players. 

David Moyes has suggested that he wants more control over transfers at West Ham.

The Hammers manager was asked by Jim White about managers having a say in transfers on Thursday and suggested that he would like some input at West Ham if the opportunity arose.

That stadium is a couple of hundred metres from the spiritual home of grass roots football in this country at Hackney Marshes. How they made the club and ground feel so plastic with the LONDON badge, the stadium modifications and the empty corporate ness of it all is quite amazing.

Yesterday could damage the club long after the headlines fade. 

Whilst a good old traditional stadium, Upton Park wasn't exactly sold out week in week out. In moving to the London stadium they hoped to bring in a completely new (tourist) fanbase. 

Real west ham fans will always go of course, but these adopted fans that don't have west ham in their blood will now be thinking 'me/my kids aren't safe here, I'm not going there again. 

So now they have a big lifeless half empy bowl consisting of angry fans. 

It won't end well. 

They're angry because they feel they've been betrayed. Upton Park was a huge part of their identity as a club, and the Olympic Stadium seems to be totally inappropriate as a football ground. At least that's what they say. 

The extent of the unrest however is pathetic and even more damaging to their identity. 

Apparently they hate some change that have been made to the badge too because it says London on it.

I hope they go down in all honesty, the deal for the Olympic stadium is crooked. 

• Like 1

The London stadium still not at full capacity as they've not had a period of enough games without crowd  trouble to unlock the allocation.

No doubt more (tax payer funded) police and stewards will have to be drafted in for future games. I can see this stadium costing 'us' more than if they just mothballed it.

Just looked at their remaining fixtures. 

Home games are against Southampton, Stoke, Man City, Man Utd and Everton.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester away from home.

That legendary London Stadium atmosphere will have to be in full swing for the games against Southampton and Stoke I suspect.

This is exactly the type of event that can change a season for the worse. Fans hate the club's ownership, team is playing poorly, and they are 3 points off the drop with a tough end to the season. 

Only real winnable matches are Southampton, Stoke, and maybe Everton. I really hope they go down. They can enjoy their fancy stadium in the championship. 

• Like 3

Â