PauloBarnesi

i think there is, the "west ham way" bollocks doesnt help neither does the world cup, maybe its a case of the west ham fans in the media (of which there seems a lot) inflating themselves to try and be closer to the big 3 london clubs rather than admitting they're light years behind, the owners have just done exactly the same with the stadium move and the "london" badge thing though

they have a media darling tag with absolutely no way of justifying it, same as newcastle, if west ham were based anywhere but london no one would care

drank in a west ham boozer before a game a few years back and to be fair to them they were all sound

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don’t really get this. Not every football club can be successful. 

Well yes. The point is West Ham fans act like they're a successful club. 

We clown SHA for being a tinpot club. West Ham are literally SHA tier if not worse but strut around like they're ***** Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We clown SHA for being a tinpot club. West Ham are literally SHA tier if not worse but strut around like they're ***** Liverpool.

Ah well yes.

But just like Michael Jackson they are blowing Bubbles...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

But they aren’t Blues tier or anywhere near.

I just don’t get the hate for a clubs’ fans bigging themselves up. It’s what we do a LOT! :/

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

But they aren’t Blues tier or anywhere near.

I just don’t get the hate for a clubs’ fans bigging themselves up. It’s what we do a LOT! :/

In terms of success they pretty much are. 2 League cups vs 3 FA Cups. At least Blues have won something in the last 35 years.

Most fans big themselves up including us, yes...but it's at least somewhat rooted in reality (except for Liverpool fans really). You would think West Ham were as successful as us or Spurs or something the way they go on.

This is why we big ourselves up.

Domestic

League titles
Second Division (2): 1937–38, 1959–60 Third Division (1): 1971–72
Cups
League Cup (5): 1960–61, 1974–75, 1976–77, 1993–94, 1995–96 FA Charity Shield (1): 1981 Sheriff of London Charity Shield (2): 1899, 1901 Football League War Cup (1): 1944 (shared)

European

European Super Cup (1): 1982 Intertoto Cup (1): 2001[80][A]

On 11/13/2017 at 13:13, sne said:

Absolutely brilliant piece of motivational talk by Moyes

"If it works, great. If it doesn’t, then I’ll see the East End of London for seven months, then I’ll go elsewhere"

:crylaugh:

What a clown! 

He's a busted flush. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

In terms of success they pretty much are. 2 League cups vs 3 FA Cups. At least Blues have won something in the last 35 years.

Most fans big themselves up including us, yes...but it's at least somewhat rooted in reality (except for Liverpool fans really). You would think West Ham were as successful as us or Spurs or something the way they go on.

This is why we big ourselves up.

Domestic

League titles

Second Division (2): 1937–38, 1959–60 Third Division (1): 1971–72

Cups

League Cup (5): 1960–61, 1974–75, 1976–77, 1993–94, 1995–96 FA Charity Shield (1): 1981 Sheriff of London Charity Shield (2): 1899, 1901 Football League War Cup (1): 1944 (shared)

European

European Super Cup (1): 1982 Intertoto Cup (1): 2001[80][A]

Bit embarrassing.

I’ve seen us win 2 trophies in 31 years.

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don’t really get this. Not every football club can be successful. 

To me it's more how the press always bow down to them, look at how many back page story pages they get during a season compared to say us or Everton.

Half of Football journalists supporting West Ham could be something to do with it of course.

For their lack of success they get a disproportionate amount of coverage on TV and in Newspapers compared to more successful clubs.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit embarrassing.

Last 31 years we've finished top 6 over 10 times.

West Ham have finished top 6 twice.

I give Newcastle plenty of stick but they've finished top 6 far more regularly than West Ham aswell under Keegan, Dalglish, Sir Bobby and also Pardew one season.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Last 31 years we've finished top 6 over 10 times.

West Ham have finished top 6 twice.

I give Newcastle plenty of stick but they've finished top 6 far more regularly than West Ham aswell under Keegan, Dalglish, Sir Bobby and also Pardew one season.

Newcastle have played in the Champions League in my lifetime so they are obviously the bigger club. 

I have no real hatred for West Ham. I do think their trophy haul is surprisingly small considering their standing in English football. And I do think that they are perceived as being a more substantial club than they actually are.

There are little things that are annoying about them. That “the original claret & blue” thing they did for their kit launch” a year or two ago. The tourist friendly marketing ploy of adding “London” to their badge. The Davids. Brady. The overblown farewell of their old stadium. The London stadium. “The West Ham Way”. The fans booing Allardyce for not playing “The West Ham Way”, despite actually winning the game. All those things considered, I can see why people dislike them.

Generally I dislike their owners more than the club itself. If they were to be relegated I would be laughing at them first and foremost.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Bit embarrassing.

Okay? And people slightly older than you have witnessed us win the league and the European Cup back to back. Around the same time West Ham were celebrating their only 3rd place finish in their history. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Okay? And people slightly older than you have witnessed us win the league and the European Cup back to back. Around the same time West Ham were celebrating their only 3rd place finish in their history. 

Back to back with the league was the only way to win it back then, unless you won the actual European Cup back to back.

Should be that way again.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Back to back with the league was the only way to win it back then, unless you won the actual European Cup back to back.

Should be that way again.

What would Arsenal do then?

sorry I mean Loserpool er Spuds er ManC er ManU sorry I meant West Haaaaaaaaaaaayam

Â