PauloBarnesi

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That bring his deal to the end of april?

:)  Well no, since we're 07/11 we can say 07/05 and their final day is 13/05 (gw37=05/05).  6.19 didn't roll off the tongue :P

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

:)  Well no, since we're 07/11 we can say 07/05 and their final day is 13/05 (gw37=05/05).  6.19 didn't roll off the tongue :P

Pity, I thought they were predicting he would have relegated them by April ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Had a look at their fixtures up to new year. If ever a club needs a new manager bounce it's them. In December they played Man. City away and Arsenal and Chelsea at home within 7 days.

i think watford, leicester and everton games could be really tough too, watford are flying, leicester have the manager bounce and everton might have done something by then

Moyes just seems a broken man.

Hardly the sort of appointment you want to sort out a club like West Ham, throw in a 6 month contract just so the players know they don’t need to listen and you have yourself a shitfest in the making.

Then sprinkle on some moronic ‘West Ham way’ BS to Moyesball turn to Gas Mark 6 and leave to simmer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The appointment of Moyes makes absolutely zero sense. They clearly wanted to appoint someone on a 6 month deal with a remit to survive relegation...

...did they see Moyes last season?

It may well work out for them as their squad is pretty decent but, on the face of it, this is the most baffling hiring for some time. 

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Moyes just seems a broken man.

Hardly the sort of appointment you want to sort out a club like West Ham, throw in a 6 month contract just so the players know they don’t need to listen and you have yourself a shitfest in the making.

Then sprinkle on some moronic ‘West Ham way’ BS to Moyesball turn to Gas Mark 6 and leave to simmer.

Ah yes, the good old West Ham Way.

From what I can work out the West Ham way is to win **** all and get relegated every 6/7 years then get promoted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's make or break for Moyes now. West Ham have a decent squad. Definitely good enough for top 10, so he has to get them going. 

I don't see this TBH, too many old and slow players. Not clear to me that their squad is better than a team like Watford tbh.

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't see this TBH, too many old and slow players. Not clear to me that their squad is better than a team like Watford tbh.

Always found Winston Reid a decent defender. Kouyate and Lanzini are good midfielders.

Upfront is where they need to find the right combination. Hernandez played off the shoulder of last defender will always score goals from rebounds and crosses, Caroll always has spell in the season where he scores 7 in 8 games but then you don't see him for next 20 games and Antonio has done fine stepping up to the prem although criminal error at Palace of course.

Enigmas to me are people like Ayew and Arnautovic. Ayew scored 12 in 34 in his one season at Swansea but has looked nowhere near the same force. Arnautovic was very inconsistant at Stoke but West Ham haven't even seen the good side of him in one game yet.

They're a bit like us when we were signing players in the prem. Good for other clubs but sign them at the wrong point in their careers and they don't have the motivation.

West Ham obviously have a better squad than Brighton/Burnley/Huddersfield/Newcastle/Swansea/Stoke/West Brom but don't have the team unity/spirit of some of those clubs.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Arnautovic is a joke to be honest, not a player who will deliver much IMO

On the whole Stoke fans were sad to see him go and angry he took a sideways move.  I do agree he's a sort of 1 in 5 player, scores one great goal a month but you don't see him for the other four games. Shaqiri is another like that.

Problem West Ham have is they sign too many players past their best but because they're big names they can sell it to their fans (as we've done in the past). I've defended Joe Hart in the past but anyone can see his level has dropped considerably during the past year and he should not be starting for England anymore.

Zabaleta was an excellent FB but you could see at Man. City last year he was slowing down and in a team that dosen't have as much possession he's going to get found out.

They'll probably sign Theo Walcott and Wilshere in January and proclaim those two as saviours to stay up.

• Like 1

West Ham are currently out of position given their squad so it’s a good move for Moyes. It’s hard to judge him on his time at Sunderland as it was a dog shit squad and was sitting where it was destined to be.

He can’t have any complaints if he doesn’t direct WH towards the middle of the table.

• Like 1

Â