PauloBarnesi

On 5/17/2016 at 08:07, rodders0223 said:

This is why I am not too concerned about being left behind. Nothing changes, same average players just for more and more ridiculous prices. No club ever lives well within it's means. No saving for a rainy day.

Clubs probably have much fatter revenues now then they ever have, so in a perverse way these fees probably are sustainable if you take transfer spend as a % of revenue vs that % lets say 15 years ago. 

The danger for clubs is that a big source of revenues coming from TV companies like Sky, you could argue that the bidding for Premier League rights could become something of a bubble.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Clubs probably have much fatter revenues now then they ever have, so in a perverse way these fees probably are sustainable if you take transfer spend as a % of revenue vs that % lets say 15 years ago. 

The danger for clubs is that a big source of revenues coming from TV companies like Sky, you could argue that the bidding for Premier League rights could become something of a bubble.

'Could become'?

I think that ship has sailed. 

On 23/07/2016 at 16:47, coda said:

I hope Andy Carroll falls into the steeplechase water obstacle.

He's too valuable to be doing jump racing.  They keep him on the flat.

ft now, game finished with 2:1 scoreline ... domzale were walking all over them, game should finish with 3:1 or 4:1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't they do this last year, went out of europa in the qualifiers to a pub team?

Didn't seem to affect them much in the premier league...

i think they played in europe because of the old fair play system? indeed, they were knocked out very early, they are not taking this europe games seriously. or are they simply shite?

Edited by slovenian

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

1st game at stadium is vs Domzale next week. I expect an occasion for it, probably if was on Sky they could mimic the closing of Upton Park :lol:

it'll no doubt be a famous victory under the lights...

would be amazing if their 1st game in there would be being knocked out of europe by the team that finished 4th in slovenia next season

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Â