PauloBarnesi

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

My best mate is a West Ham fan, he was pleased to get knocked out of Europe. He highlighted that it distracts away from the league, to which I mentioned, isn't the point of the league to qualify for Europe? His response... 'Yeah... The Champions League.'

But like us under MON, I'd argue we were closer to CL than they are though, I wasn't that bad over Moscow because I thought they were excellent at VP and we were top 4 at the time I think, was fuming with the Vienna games though, as an away travelling fan I felt robbed, I too (with 5/6 others that I travel with) all had the arrogance to not even look at going to Vienna, saving the money for the group stage both times

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But like us under MON, I'd argue we were closer to CL than they are though, I wasn't that bad over Moscow because I thought they were excellent at VP and we were top 4 at the time I think, was fuming with the Vienna games though, as an away travelling fan I felt robbed, I too (with 5/6 others that I travel with) all had the arrogance to not even look at going to Vienna, saving the money for the group stage both times

I  hate the way  people are all for finishing in the top 6 or 7 and getting in Europe and not bothered when they get knocked out. West Ham are miles from a champions league spot. Last season was a one off. Other teams have improved their squads. Man U, City and Chelsea all look very strong this season. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

in fairness they not 1st or last team to do it but it sort of makes the previous season pointless if dont take Europe seriously. especially now with carrot of CL qualification for winning Europa League

I'm not sure how weak a team they put out but I suspect it's the same old English football problem, that muppet there says it all "those **** Romanian farmers" they could have put out there strongest 11 and they'd probably have kicked it in to cruise control played at about 70% and made a mess of it

its a lack of professionalism and the assumption that comes with all the money, fame and hype that you're any good without actually ever proving it

we do it to ourselves and we never learn from it

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

They have been since that gruesome threesome took over. 

Personally I detested them more when they did Sheffield United over regarding Tevez and his "eligibility." It was that strange Icelandic guy in charge then.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady don't annoy me that much now as they're not popping up in the local media every 5 minutes taking pops at us and claiming ignorance over ticket prices...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting amongst their own fans today inside their free stadium.

nintchdbpict000265614990-e1473534571928.

Horrible, odious little club and I'd love it if they were relegated.

“It is the second match marred by trouble, with footage emerging of fighting during the Europa League defeat to Astra.

“On that occasion it emerged the stewards were not trained to physically intervene in trouble.”

West Ham later released a state condemning the scenes and vowing to ban for life individuals involved.

Some messages posted to social media claimed that the stewards were not quick enough to intervene when trouble started.

One user claimed to have seen five different scraps between Hammers fans.

And he even said one of the bust-ups was over a spilled drink.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1761017/fighting-breaks-out-among-west-ham-fans-at-olympic-stadium-after-watford-loss/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunFootball-_-20160910-_-Football-_-579721711

When you are basically giving tickets away to fill your free stadium you are going to get some chavs and wide boys getting tickets that could never afford to before.   Hopefully it carries on and they implode.  Payet leaves for Arsenal in Jan and they go down.

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

When you are basically giving tickets away to fill your free stadium you are going to get some chavs and wide boys getting tickets that could never afford to before.  

Part of it will be the inevitable mixture of fans from different parts of Upton Park, seen it 3 times at Wembley with villa, league cup final there were 12 of us from the upper holte stood in front of people from the DE, that didn't end well either

you can see it at Arsenal and city, the traditional behind the goal home end doesn't exist anymore, city in particular all seem to have decided to move next to the away section instead

im sure West Ham as a club probably could do some research in to it but the shiny cheap tickets they boasted masked that there were also some pretty expensive ones, I bet it's the cheap section where a mixture of ideals have been put together and it's not worked

Â