Tickets

limpid

I can get one on 12th May and am relatively confident I'll be able to.  Assuming all S/T holders take theirs beforehand, they'll need to sell another 7,000 on the 11th for them not to be available on the 12th.  I may be wrong, but can't see this happening.  I actually think there will be another couple of criteria that it will drop to.

All ST' holders will get one so not sure why any ST holders are panicking.

Also not sure why when we have less ST holders than tickets available they need to mess around with loyalty based on 10+ seasons, 5+ seasons etc, particularly when there is no apparent advantage to buying early rather than late in a particular window. I would understand it if the number of ST holders outweighed tickets available.

This is exactly it with me - I qualify at the first window but will need to wait until the Friday for everyone I will go with to qualify but I'm not panicking at all as all ST holders are guaranteed a ticket .Good news is I am off work next week so will be able to queue up if necessary

This 2,500 to club staff... I've heard this elsewhere but not convinced/sure where this comes from. 

I think my point still stands - would be suprised if they got rid of 5,000 tickets in one day considering they're giving themselves the best part of 2 weeks to sell the first 18,000 to season ticket holders.

This 2,500 to club staff... I've heard this elsewhere but not convinced/sure where this comes from. 

I made it up off the top of my head to explain why some people thought it was 25,000 and some thought 22,500. I think the club holding back 10% for sponsors, staff, stewards, etc is reasonable. Of course, it's possible the club got 27k and 25k are going to fans. Who knows?

• Like 1

I can get one on 12th May and am relatively confident I'll be able to.  Assuming all S/T holders take theirs beforehand, they'll need to sell another 7,000 on the 11th for them not to be available on the 12th.  I may be wrong, but can't see this happening.  I actually think there will be another couple of criteria that it will drop to.

I think given that they're doing 3 seperate sales criteria all on the 11th, I would assume that not many will fall into those criteria and that's why they have been grouped together on that one day?

I made it up off the top of my head to explain why some people thought it was 25,000 and some thought 22,500. I think the club holding back 10% for sponsors, staff, stewards, etc is reasonable. Of course, it's possible the club got 27k and 25k are going to fans. Who knows?

Yep, see the logic.  Hopefully the latter!

What makes me nervous is the split between times on say 11th May. Will the computer be able to take the demand?

I wasnt here when we booked the semi so have no idea.

Just worried that on the 11th will I be able to buy tickets say at 9pm incase the demand is too much during the day.

What makes me nervous is the split between times on say 11th May. Will the computer be able to take the demand?

I wasnt here when we booked the semi so have no idea.

Just worried that on the 11th will I be able to buy tickets say at 9pm incase the demand is too much during the day.

TBH all 5 cup games and 5 league games is alot if you are not a ST holder so alot wont fall into that bracket, I dont know now how many Villa Cash members we have

The big talking point is the 17,000 tickets that go to 'friends of the footballing families', essentially neutrals of every Premier League club that aren't either supporters of each club, an utter disgrace in my opinion. The FA will never learn  :angry:

Anyways hopefully there is still tickets left on 12th or 13th May, depending if I both to the Everton and West Ham games or both. Any game before the criteria date will come towards the date.

Edited by Avflife

The big talking point is the 17,000 tickets that go to 'friends of the footballing families', essentially neutrals of every Premier League club that aren't either supporters of each club, an utter disgrace in my opinion. The FA will never learn  :angry:

Anyways hopefully there is still tickets left on 12th or 13th May, depending if I both to the Everton and West Ham games or both. Any game before the criteria date will come towards the date.

Not just Premier League clubs. They filter down to every non league side that has appeared in any round, as well as local football associations at grass roots level. It's been that way for years. It's the fact that a lot of corporate tickets end up on the black market, and to touting agents, then get sold on at a ridiculous mark up that winds me up. 

Wembley actually is only 72000 as about 18000 is Club Wembley so I think this is the biggest issue. The FA allocate tickets to its community which is a good idea to reward grassroots but league clubs shouldn't get any IMO. I think once the initial debenture is finished Club Wembley will decrease in its size as people won't pay massive amounts locked in to another 10 year deal.

I have been teased with a slight chance of a ticket today. Not sure how likely it means it is but my mate has just told me he got my name down on the list for tickets from his local football club.

He will have earned many free drinks if this comes off.

Â