Tickets

limpid

I'm considering flying from NYC for this one. Can anyone fill me in on the pros/cons of websites like "ticketbis" and "1stforfootballtickets"? Has anyone used any of these sites for anything? It looks like you pay and get assigned any seat they want to give you rather than being able to choose a section. But are they even legit? 

They sell tickets that don't exist yet. So theoretically, they could sell 4000 tickets but only get hold of 3000. It's a risk.

A mate was there with a ticket from Ticketbis on Sunday, and didn't have any problems.  You're going to pay hugely over the odds of course, but there you are.

Is their mark up more than a regular tout if I waited until the day of (very risky I know.)

How likely is it that some real villa fans in the pubs around the ground might have spare tickets because people have dropped out at the last minute due to illness etc.?

I'd say it's a similar mark up.  Lots of people were outside the tube station asking for spares, didn't notice any touts selling any. 

...Lots of people were outside the tube station asking for spares, didn't notice any touts selling any.

Those guys we saw when we got off the tube, shouting "any spares" and noticeably devoid of any colours or replica shirts etc were touts.

They do that because it's illegal to shout "spares for sale" but not to ask for spares. So that's how they advertise themselves. It happens all over.

• Like 2

I'm considering flying from NYC for this one. Can anyone fill me in on the pros/cons of websites like "ticketbis" and "1stforfootballtickets"? Has anyone used any of these sites for anything? It looks like you pay and get assigned any seat they want to give you rather than being able to choose a section. But are they even legit?

They sell tickets that don't exist yet. So theoretically, they could sell 4000 tickets but only get hold of 3000. It's a risk.

A mate was there with a ticket from Ticketbis on Sunday, and didn't have any problems. You're going to pay hugely over the odds of course, but there you are.

Chances are people are fine, but it's still a risk.

I'm sure they often are but I got screwed over for an England v Uruguay World Cup ticket on 'ticket4football'.

The seller changed their seats so got sent new tickets and sold their old invalid seats.

How many season ticket holders do we have? I got my semi-final tickets in the very first window after season ticket holders so just trying to work out if I'm likely to be able to get tickets for this.

around 18k ST 

We had 23,000 last season i wonder if they will base it on this season (season ticket holders and booking history this season (league and cup) for season ticket holders from last season?)

That would be fairest way of distributing Wembley Tickets!! None of this buy cheap 3/4th round tickets to guarantee a seat! because of cup games this season!

Edited by Villan4Life

How do you go about buying tickets for Club Wembley?

Plenty of overtime and weekend work!

I predict the same criteria as for the semi final, but there will be a new window for people who have purchased a season ticket for next season. Will help Villa drive ST sales

Linkage dude?

How do you go about buying tickets for Club Wembley?

Plenty of overtime and weekend work!

I predict the same criteria as for the semi final, but there will be a new window for people who have purchased a season ticket for next season. Will help Villa drive ST sales

Linkage dude?

I think he's just hazarding a guess, can't see it myself as there'll be no games yet played etc and imagine the fuss if we happened to shift another 20,000 season tickets!

Haha, sorry, does anyone have a contact to call? Is it through Wembley you buy them, or do the club sell them?

From the Semi Club Wembley thread:

Received the following email this week… 

Hi All,

I would like to thank you for your recent enquiry in to hospitality opportunities via ourselves for our forthcoming FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley.

Unfortunately our full hospitality allocation was taken during the seasonal member and boxholder priority purchase period and as such we don’t have any opportunities available.

We work closely with Circuit Hospitality whom are our Approved Hospitality Agency and it may be that they can help you with your needs for the Semi Final.

Please see contact details for them below:

Circuit Hospitality

01454 201210

www.circuithospitality.com

Many thanks again.

CRAIG

Craig Simmonds

Football Sales Manager

tel 0800 612 0960 option 1 

mob 07983 450 626

fax 0800 612 0966

Aston Villa Football Club

Aston Villa Hospitality and Events Department

Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE

www.avhe.co.uk  

With regards to the above, Circuit Hospitality whom are our Approved Hospitality Agency, 

I was quoted £300+ VAT for Club Wembley! 

Complete and utter rip off compared to the club previously selling them for £150 and these guys are supposed to be our Approved Hospitality Agency! 

I let them know this and was told thats what they pay for them!

Cheeky Gits, Making 100% mark up on us the fans and they are supposed to be our Approved Hospitality Agency. 

As dn1982 says above, I hope we get Blackburn and the tickets will be two a penny and they get stuck with a shit load they can't sell. 

Will serve them right for being rip off merchants praying on the weak! Personally i think its disgraceful that the club are linking us to such touts! 

They should keep with the semi final criteria, letting next season ticket ticket holders get priority just shits on the fans that have been this season. People could spend less on a season ticket than Club Wembley seats and never go next season

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 2

Â