The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

well with arsenal drawing they cant finish 2nd so they can afford to now rest players  for final game

was hoping they would have to play a strong side never mind

They can't completely take their foot off the gas though, it's still possible that Utd can go above them, it would require an unlikely 7 goal swing, but considering WBA just beat Chelsea 3-0 and Man Utd have Hull at home it's not out of the question. If Arsenal want group stage CL football, they may have to field a strongish side.

They can field a weakened side with some big hitters on the bench and just go through the motions. If it gets anywhere near nervy, they can make changes at the 60 min mark.

United would need a maximum of 6 clear goals goals as it would take Arsenal to lose for United to have a chance.

They still have more to play for than we do on Sunday.

It wasn't just Sunderland parking the bus tonight, it was a full oil tanker at times.......but but but they still have some chances on the break. Fletcher missed a one on one, Van Aranholt had a shot saved by Ospina.

This is an open goal for Sherwood, park the bus, reinforce Given/Guzan's wrists (or just sign Pantillimon on an emergency loan) and we will get chances on the break.  Arsenal just don't have the discipline of a Chelsea to keep players back when they're flooding forward.

Edited by VillaChris

I had a dream last night about the FA Cup Final and I hardly ever dream about football (normally it's asteroid collisions, killer hornet invasions or being the victim of some sort of Freddy Kruger type nastiness). Anyway, I dreamed that I was at the FA Cup final, watching it from the same side of the ground that the normal TV cameras show the game in progress - we were shooting left to right... the same end that Benteke scored against Plop.

Kieran Richardson scored... and it was 75 minutes... (don't remember seeing a bobble on his head though, that could be a fad - mind you, I was quite high up in the stand). I woke up, so no idea if we won the game...

Having always been in the wrong place at the wrong time during my Villa tenure, I have never seen us actually win a game of football against of Arsenal when at the ground itself. Only on TV... A draw is the best it has ever been against them at Villa Park. I don't count the League Cup Semi in 1996 at Villa Park as it was goalless on the night and we went through on away goals.

To win the FA Cup would mean everything to me... For us to see this grand old club win in the modern era would be the icing on a very large cake of loveliness.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 3

if we win I'm buying everyone doughnuts

everyone

everyone

Quoted for future reference.

No rings though - I want a full doughnut full of jammy goodness (which coincidentally is probably what we'll need to win!)

One week

CFsjIM_WMAAf3k3.jpg

Why are Arsenal listed first?? - we're the home team in this fixture

(a bit pedantic I know!)

Yes it is

One week

CFsjIM_WMAAf3k3.jpg

Why are Arsenal listed first?? - we're the home team in this fixture

(a bit pedantic I know!)

Always done alphabetically apparently.
Before the semi final they had Liverpool vs Aston Villa on the screen outside Wembley, it really pissed me off!

Liverpool was in tie one of the sixth round we was the fourth tie

Reading where the second tie Arsenal the third tie

So the team first out in the round before is classed as the home team

So the semis had 

kkcHHE8.jpg

So Reading vs Arsenal was out first and Liverpool vs Villa was out second

Therefore Arsenal are team 1 we are team 2

Edited by lmarsha_926

Can't remember where I read it but did recently. Can't say I've paid much attention on who was first in previous FA cup finals. Not convinced it's true as Wigan are listed before Man City where ever I've looked.

Not really too concerned either way.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC