Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could  be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

Depending on who goes I think we're in a decent position transfer wise and an overhaul isn't needed anyway.

Foreign transfers have mostly worked out which alleviates chairman stress for future gambles, we have a squad of players with young guys in various positions and we've stayed up to be part of next years mega money experience.

Next year we just have to stay up again, I fancy Sherwood achieving that, so anything else league, cup or transfer wise I'll see as a bonus.

Really? I'd like to think we have a bit more about us instead of just staying up again. Finishing 17th/16th etc again for me will be another poor season. Surely we have to push on? Otherwise what's the point?

I agree with you entirely, we've got an opportunity to push on this summer and i think we should grasp it with both hands, you are a good poster, i agree with a lot of what you say

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Be great to push on but a marathon Europa League campaign will put pressure on a small squad, as I said earlier if get in Europe we will need 6 quality players to compete in both competitions and maybe we dont have the finance for it

I wouldn't be surprised if you loaned Gladwin back to us for next season (assuming you buy him). He was a removals man playing for non-league Marlow 18 months ago and is still developing with us having come on very strong in the last few weeks or so. 

• Like 2

Be great to push on but a marathon Europa League campaign will put pressure on a small squad, as I said earlier if get in Europe we will need 6 quality players to compete in both competitions and maybe we dont have the finance for it

We don't need as many as 6 in my opinion, 2 or 3 quality additions and we'd be set in my opinion and could finish in the top half. We can't just scramble for survival each season, it's gone on for too long as it is

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I wouldn't be surprised if you loaned Gladwin back to us for next season (assuming you buy him). He was a removals man playing for non-league Marlow 18 months ago and is still developing with us having come on very strong in the last few weeks or so.

What do you think of him?

We don't need as many as 6 in my opinion, 2 or 3 quality additions and we'd be set in my opinion and could finish in the top half. We can't just scramble for survival each season, it's gone on for too long as it is

but Europa League will add 12 games plus a lot of travelling. Cant imagine Delph or Benteke able to play 50 games with the intensity Sherwood wants

Very highly rated here. Great technical ability, surprisingly skilled for a big man. Plays great behind the front two but is quite versatile and has played at left-wing back a few times. Likes running at players. 

A bit frustrating at times as he can have a habit of slowing the play down, he's still very raw though. You'll be investing in the future with Gladwin but the lad is oozing potential. Many town fans would rather keep Gladwin over Luongo. 

Oh, and he knows where the goal is as well. 

Edited by Moonraker
  • Like 1

but Europa League will add 12 games plus a lot of travelling. Cant imagine Delph or Benteke able to play 50 games with the intensity Sherwood wants

I forgot about europa league, i think they both can but whether they both want to stay here is another matter altogether

Very highly rated here. Great technical ability, surprisingly skilled for a big man. Plays great behind the front two but is quite versatile and has played at left-wing back a few times. Likes running at players.

A bit frustrating at times as he can have a habit of slowing the play down, he's still very raw though. You'll be investing in the future with Gladwin but the lad is oozing potential. Many town fans would rather keep Gladwin over Luongo.

Thanks chap

Just read an article about a Luongo/Gladwin bid.  Without knowing too much about them, what does that mean for Gary Gardner?  I'm sure there's going to be some shuffling in the midfield this summer, but after his season at Forest I hope he has a chance to prove himself.

Just read an article about a Luongo/Gladwin bid. Without knowing too much about them, what does that mean for Gary Gardner? I'm sure there's going to be some shuffling in the midfield this summer, but after his season at Forest I hope he has a chance to prove himself.

Agreed i hope he does too

Looks like we're continuing with exactly the same transfer policy we've had for the last few seasons and now Percy has changed his mind from the club looks like being taken over once the FA Cup is over to it could  be taken over in the summer. I don't think that big summer overhaul that people are wanting is going to happen.

That's interesting - where did you see that?

We're heavily linked with two league 1 players..................?

Let's worry about that after we have beaten Arsenal.

• Like 1

It was a sentence mostly based on my feelings that a takeover won't happen and so Sherwood will have to work under similar constraints that Lambert had to work with. Going for two Swindon players would suggest this too, it's not as if they're teenagers, they're both in their twenties so I'm sure will be expecting to be in and around the first team.