Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Very pleased with the business done so far but still have some glaring gaps - we absolutely need two more

Firstly we still look to be struggling at RB - Hutton and Bacuna are not the answer and Crespo is IMO cover at best - ideally Richards would fill this role but he seems to be on a promise to play at CB. £8m?

Secondly we have not got nearly enough up front - TS seems to want to go the Berbatov / Adebayor route but I would prefer a younger prospect. £12-15m

Additionally, someone with a little guile in midfield or a tricky wideman wouldnt go amiss but I think we have just enough here with Gil, Bacuna, Grealish plus Gabby, Ayew and Sinclair

I agree we need a couple more in but in my opinion Hutton is fine at right back. And it's far to early to judge crespo, you never know he could end up being our best signing, Football can be like that. Centre back is the real worry for Me, We really do need a 'proper ' centre back in there as I think Richards will get found out. Also to point out clark,okore and Richards injury record isn't the best

You can never say what player would a success will baggies under pulis. His style of football only suits a particular style if football

one reason I can't say it dem is because I've read it 4 times and still can't understand it

Haha that's what happens when you have one hours sleep you waffle oops :-)

We still won games with Bacuna and Hutton as RBs so for me it's not a position that will stop us winning unlike say CB. In any case I think Richards will be moved to RB at some point in the season, he'll have some shockers so new CB is needed.

Still need another striker...I just don't like Gestede having the pressure to replace Benteke.

Very pleased with the business done so far but still have some glaring gaps - we absolutely need two more

Firstly we still look to be struggling at RB - Hutton and Bacuna are not the answer and Crespo is IMO cover at best - ideally Richards would fill this role but he seems to be on a promise to play at CB. £8m?

Secondly we have not got nearly enough up front - TS seems to want to go the Berbatov / Adebayor route but I would prefer a younger prospect. £12-15m

Additionally, someone with a little guile in midfield or a tricky wideman wouldnt go amiss but I think we have just enough here with Gil, Bacuna, Grealish plus Gabby, Ayew and Sinclair

I agree we need a couple more in but in my opinion Hutton is fine at right back. And it's far to early to judge crespo, you never know he could end up being our best signing, Football can be like that. Centre back is the real worry for Me, We really do need a 'proper ' centre back in there as I think Richards will get found out. Also to point out clark,okore and Richards injury record isn't the best

Think we also need a RM. Bacuna is our only real option there and not the best at that position imo. 

I think we need three maybe four.

Cb

Striker

Wide midfielder

Possibly goalkeeper

I was gonna like this post richard but I cannot follow anyone with 666 in their username. Do agree though think the striker and wm are definitely needed.

From what i've been reading on here the past few weeks, i'm starting to come to the opinion that although Bacuna seems to be a good player who works hard, we haven't really got a purpose for him.

First choice right back seems to be Hutton at the moment, we've bought Crespo to be back up right back. and we have Gil, Grealish, Gabby, Ayew and even Green who can play right wing.

From what i've been reading on here the past few weeks, i'm starting to come to the opinion that although Bacuna seems to be a good player who works hard, we haven't really got a purpose for him.

First choice right back seems to be Hutton at the moment, we've bought Crespo to be back up right back. and we have Gil, Grealish, Gabby, Ayew and even Green who can play right wing.

And if we are being honest Hutton is not actually that good. Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

First choice right back seems to be Hutton at the moment, we've bought Crespo to be back up right back. and we have Gil, Grealish, Gabby, Ayew and even Green who can play right wing

Bacuna should have been converted to a full time right back, it is his most effective position. As he has been in midfield pre-season, it doesn't look like that is going to happen, and as a midfielder I don't think he is good enough.

I think it will be a real waste if he is allowed to play a bit-part midfield role this season before being deemed surplus to requirements.

Bacuna has two problems. One is that Hutton on his day actually is a fantastic right back with no weaknesses (on his day remember ...) but secondly, Bacuna simply hasn't been good enough to make the position his own.

• Like 1

Who's Green?

Bacuna has two problems. One is that Hutton on his day actually is a fantastic right back with no weaknesses (on his day remember ...) but secondly, Bacuna simply hasn't been good enough to make the position his own.

Which day was that???
It was a Monday four years ago.
  • Like 2

Which day was that???
It was a Monday four years ago.

Great performance that was :)