Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Yeah but that phrase doesn't stop us from judging books does it.

Yes people had seen sherwood and people came up with judgements completely against what he showed at Tottenham.

No benteke wouldn't have been a bad player had we gone down but I'm not basing my judgement solely on Crespo being relegated with cordoba.

Again, if I was saying Veretout is going to be a success then I'm not sure people would have too much to say. Yet I've never seen him either so it's equally as wild to claim such.

No it doesn't, it just makes us foolish when we do :)

What else are you basing your view on Crespo on then? That is a genuine question.

If you were saying Veretout was going to be a success then I think people would have quite a lot to say, mostly expressing their surprise :)

Personally I'm not going to say any player is going to be a success or failure if I've not seen them play and/or they are coming from a league in another country.

I get frustrated with people making assessments on players after a handful of games so when I see people making assessments (positive or negative) of players before they've started a competitive game in this country I struggle to comprehend it.

Sorry trent, been out.

Fee

Achievements

Previous clubs

None of the above guarantee he won't be good obviously but for me, they indicate the likelihood is, hel be a little underwhelming.

I'm not expecting miracles from Crespo. If he was quality, I suspect he would have been picked up by a big club earlier in his career.

That's not writing him off though, that's having a low expectation based on the information available at the moment.

I'll give him a chance, like anyone else.

Didn't know where else to put this:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2423605-predicting-how-the-final-2015-16-premier-league-table-will-look?a_aid=35709

They predict us to finish 18th.

There's no getting away from the fact that 2015/16 will be a long, hard season for Tim Sherwood and Aston Villa. The club has been busy over the summer, but a lot of inexperienced talent and relative unknowns have arrived when they really needed a number of proven battlers.

Villa fans will pray that things fall nicely into place as happened at Southampton 12 months ago, although they could easily find themselves relegated for the first time in nearly 30 years.

What a stupid article. Not saying we're definitely going to do well but I'm much happier with really highly rated players like Amavi, Gueye and Veretout than overrated PL plodders like Huddlestone.
Highly rated players of which 99% of people have never heard of in a tin pot league that is the equivalent of the championship bar one or two teams.

No one whether Villa fans or no nothing journalists can predict how well or badly we will do this year as our team now is a complete unknown so pointless predicting.

Someone's been at the Sky Sports koolaid.

As a matter of interest, on the dawn of this new season, how many are prepared to come out now and confess their likely outrage at 5pm tomorrow, if we have just lost?

Is anyone brave enough to admit their seething anger right now, or will you save it for tomorrow, when Veretout misplaces a pass?

What a bizarre post.

• Like 3

H

As a matter of interest, on the dawn of this new season, how many are prepared to come out now and confess their likely outrage at 5pm tomorrow, if we have just lost?

Is anyone brave enough to admit their seething anger right now, or will you save it for tomorrow, when Veretout misplaces a pass?

What a bizarre post.

I actually have no idea what the poster is saying either!

• Like 1

Butterfingers, doesn't that rather assume that it's a choice of one or the other though?

It does but I feel we are more than adequate in that area.

I'm not a fan of 4-4-2 which, if Lennon were to sign, would suggest is the formation we would go with. Lennon wouldn't come here to play 1 in 3 games or every time we went 4-4-2.

Just looking at the outlay thus far, we are about even. I don't consider it unreasonable for Randy to pump in another £15 mil if needed. I'd rather that go entirely on other areas-I'm quite happy with what we have directly behind the strikers.

I just don't see us having a net £15m spend.

I have no idea what it will be but £15mil has been there or thereabouts in recent seasons. Generally, when such large sums come in from sales, the club don't put as much in as they would have done in normal circumstances. Given how many have already come in, another 2 with a combined value of £15mil would do me-Not that I'd turn down more of course. I just think that coupled with Sherwoods comments that he wanted players in for the start of the season, that not many more will be bought. 

What would you put our net spend at then if pushed?

H

What a bizarre post.

I think he's already decided we are going to lose tomorrow..

H

What a bizarre post.

Not only that, but they also seem upset that we aren't all really angry at something which hasn't happened yet. I'd love to know my future emotions before they happen... But I don't think any human has that ability.

H

What a bizarre post.

Because the original post confused so many, myself included, I decided to conduct a little experiment.

Having got pissed I've concluded that there are Villa fans amongst us aren't really happy with the signings we've made in the summer and who are basically waiting/hoping for us to lose away at little Bournemouth tomorrow so that they can voice their anger.

If that theory sounds complete bollocks, I'm afraid the experiment failed and I got intoxicated purely for no reason other to spend a lot of time pissing.

Isn't it fairly obvious that Mr LD is calling out the fickle Villa fans out there?  The tiresome tough-guy, impressionable, panicked bluster.  It's out there.  Have a peek.  Let's hope he's proved incorrect tomorrow.

• Like 1

MM never recovered from his infamous declaration that Villa weren't after McLeish literally the day before we got him. In fact, I don't recall seeing him since.

Paul Faulkner never really did know what was going on  :ph34r: