Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Gabby wouldn't even be on my bench. Kozak would be on the bench at best and we have absolutely no idea how the other two will get on (obviously)

Woefully short of a proven goalscorer

Sherwood is bigging up all his players ..we know he is after Adebayor so clearly he wants another striker.

Wba will lose Berhaino to fund this we lost Benteke but our squad needed more rebuilding so had to utilize funds accordingly.

personally id like us to spend more as net spend is basically nothing currently but still 3 weeks of window remaining so lets see what happens.

I'd think that we are still hopefully of getting rid of some deadwood before we add to the wagebill.

How do you know they are not Championship standard? Have you seen them play regularly?

Not trying to be obtuse but makes me smile that all of a sudden alot of Villa fans are now French football experts and seem so confident that we have signed such high quality players when outside of Villa fans nobody has heard of any of them.

Very worrying tbh...and exciting at the same time.

All i can remember is a bunch of people saying they have no idea who these players are when we signed them. Think youre making it up that a lot of people on here have become french football experts. People have formed opinions on the players in the preseason games and those who do follow french league (not just villa fans), highly rate the players we have signed from there. (ayew is probably the biggest gamble and least impressive).

Fans have also had time to research the players since we signed them...

Edited by gharperr

There are two things I can't get my head around If this Rondon story is true: 1) Why Zenit are letting a player go for less, or exactly the same as they paid, that scored 20 goals last season. And number 2) Why he'd want to go to such a tin-pot club as Albion.

The money's dried up randy won't sanction much more we all deep down know this

Do we?
well I'm

Not holding any hopes after the past 4 years why should I, or any other villa fan

Fine, just don't assume we all hold that same view. I honestly have no idea whether we will spend much more and prefer to make judgements once the window has closed.

The money's dried up randy won't sanction much more we all deep down know this

Do we?
well I'm

Not holding any hopes after the past 4 years why should I, or any other villa fan

Fine, just don't assume we all hold that same view. I honestly have no idea whether we will spend much more and prefer to make judgements once the window has closed.

Ah yes the old judge us when the windows closed argument. I've v seen that for the past 4 or 5 years and that's never worked out to well before

Gabby wouldn't even be on my bench. Kozak would be on the bench at best and we have absolutely no idea how the other two will get on (obviously)

All depends on the setup.  Gestede, Ayew and Kozak have proven they can score goals.

20 goals in the Russian would be on par with 20 goals in the Championship so chill out

Same as Gestede then?  ;)

£6m vs. £15m then? ;)

• Like 2

All depends on the setup.  Gestede, Ayew and Kozak have proven they can score goals.

20 goals in the Russian would be on par with 20 goals in the Championship so chill out

Same as Gestede then?  ;)

£6m vs. £15m then? ;)

Touché  ;)

For the record I think it's a good signing for them on paper, just can't see how it's going to work with their strikers. If they start with Berahino and Lambert, they'll have £25m worth of strikers on the bench.

Nice problem to have of course!

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, on the dawn of this new season, how many are prepared to come out now and confess their likely outrage at 5pm tomorrow, if we have just lost?

Is anyone brave enough to admit their seething anger right now, or will you save it for tomorrow, when Veretout misplaces a pass?

Edited by Lerner's Driver

Ah yes the old judge us when the windows closed argument. I've v seen that for the past 4 or 5 years and that's never worked out to well before

To be fair, in past seasons we haven't spent this kind of money on players, even in 2011 with almost £40m in sales from Young and Downing.

Not saying we're going to spend loads more but I think it's ridiculous that some people already seem to have decided that that's basically it for the summer. Anyway, the issue for me is who we sign rather than how much we spend. Would rather spend £8m on Veretout than £15m on Townsend for example (not the same type of players I know).

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

pretty much every swedish pundit's season predication has us at 19th or 20th place and pure relegation fodder ^^. not even a mention of any new signings in any of them and a general focus on Benteke, Delph and Vlaar leaving and Tim's inexperience. credibility out the bloody window. I hope we destroy this season just to shut them up.

• Like 1

pretty much every swedish pundit's season predication has us at 19th or 20th place and pure relegation fodder ^^. not even a mention of any new signings in any of them and a general focus on Benteke, Delph and Vlaar leaving and Tim's inexperience. credibility out the bloody window. I hope we destroy this season just to shut them up.

A preview that ignores what we've brought in literally isn't worth reading.  I wouldn't even be mad.  I'd just laugh at their pathetic 'research' and pity their knowledge :)  It's much more rewarding to patronise, I find.

• Like 3

We could just as easily get relegated as finish 10th or so IMO; there is just no telling how the players we've bought will adapt or gel. So I can understand that journalists will assume the worst just as, for the most part, us supporters like to think the players we've bought will form a successful team. It will certainly be an exciting season, and I'm all for the unknown ahead rather than the sleepwalking toward relegation we were doing under Lambert.

• Like 2

I'd like to remind people, that we have had £20m for each of the last 3 or 4 seasons to spend.

This time around we also brought in £4.750m in sales.

We spent the best part of £16.5m before Delph went, leaving us approx £8m.

Benteke added another £32.5m making the kitty £40/41m.

Since then we have probably spent another £20/25m, leaving us with £16 to £21m to spend.

Personally I'd like us to buy 2 out of Eder Balanta from Argentina, Jeremiah Akaminko from Turkey, or Martin Caceres from Italy, to strengthen our central defence. Hopefully there'd be enough left to get Javier Hernandez from Man Utd.

A preview that ignores what we've brought in literally isn't worth reading.  I wouldn't even be mad.  I'd just laugh at their pathetic 'research' and pity their knowledge :)  It's much more rewarding to patronise, I find.

137783413914.jpg

• Like 1

There are two things I can't get my head around If this Rondon story is true: 1) Why Zenit are letting a player go for less, or exactly the same as they paid, that scored 20 goals last season. And number 2) Why he'd want to go to such a tin-pot club as Albion.

AVB said its due to non EU players of something. Think they got too many

Unfortunately you can't just add players all the time as we have a squad limit. It'd be stupid to buy more players then be left with 4/5 players not in the 25 and be ending towards £750k a month on wages for players that can't play. Would you throw away £7.5m a year? Sherwood is working hard to get rid of the deadwood and I still think more will leave and we will get another couple in. Kozak will score goals but I've not seen enough of Guestede or Ayew to say the same but every signing TS has done so fat that I've watched properly looks good. I'd still like another CF though aswell as a CM and a RB.