Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

£20 million for Benteke and we've had our pants well and truly pulled down.

Then what?

Could we just pull them back up again and act as if nothing happened?

Probably would have to be the case as we'd be missing both Benteke and £20 million in funds if its Randy making the decisions.......

Its weird having a manager in place who has no track record in signing players.  We cant even speculate on the sort of players hed be looking to sign, or player that tend to follow him............. all be surprising............. 

I would still expect Riley to be heavily involved. TBH what this squad needs is maybe 4 good quality signings in key positions, we don't need an overhaul. I'd say 1xLB, 1xDM, 1xCM, 1xCF, plus Sinclair and some more cover at CB and we should be good to go. 

That's assuming no major outgoings, but we could do with trimming some of the substandard players like Richardson and Weimann as well. I'm hoping we can keep Benteke but I'm not confident. 

• Like 1

I would like to see Weimann sold and go after a striker like Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht)

That is the type of striker we should be targetting he is only 20 and been banging them in for fun.

Nah I'm sick of this going after young kids all the time. Part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. 

[/savile]

If a takeover does happen this summer which looks increasingly likely i'm not sure Sherwood is entirely safe even if he keeps us up.

Again we will probably have a better idea when the identities are revealed but I don't think it's far fetched to suggest the new owner(s) would look to replace him with their own man in mind even if it does seem harsh.

I would still expect Riley to be heavily involved. TBH what this squad needs is maybe 4 good quality signings in key positions, we don't need an overhaul. I'd say 1xLB, 1xDM, 1xCM, 1xCF, plus Sinclair and some more cover at CB and we should be good to go. 

That's assuming no major outgoings, but we could do with trimming some of the substandard players like Richardson and Weimann as well. I'm hoping we can keep Benteke but I'm not confident. 

I would love it if we could keep Cleverley and Sinclair, in terms of a forward well we have Kozak to come back in. I think we definatley need a left back and and another defensive midfielder though

I'd like Mings or Van Aanholt for left back competition. To replace Benteke I'd first give Weimann an extended run up top where all service is being aimed at him. If that fails, then I trust paddy to bring in the next big boy. Will Hughes and Nathan Redmond would be brilliant buys but that's probably fantasy.

Edited by MrSmirch

I'd like Mings or Van Aanholt for left back competition. To replace Benteke I'd first give Weimann an extended run up top where all service is being aimed at him. If that fails, then I trust paddy to bring in the next big boy. Will Hughes and Nathan Redmond would be brilliant buys but that's probably fantasy.

No thanks I want experienced players at the club with maybe one or two youngsters

If Benteke leaves and Weimann is considered anywhere near a replacement, I would be seriously worried about Sherwood's mental state.

Van Aanholt is absolutely awful!! 

Daniel Wass is apparently close to joining Stoke over bigger teams (Liverpool, Chelsea) for around £3.5mil from Evian

he has been linked with us before under Lambert

He is 25 years old and can play Left Back, Right Back and Right Wing.

Has around 8 goals this season.

£3.5mil is a steal!!

Edited by Villan4Life

If Sherwood is in charge of the signings I expect he'll sign a load of overpriced English based tat, MON style. I know he doesn't have any track record making signings but he just seems like that type of manager who won't look abroad and will instead pay over the odds for English players and players with a poor attitude that he thinks he can get the best out of.

Edited by villa89

If Sherwood is in charge of the signings I expect he'll sign a load of overpriced English based tat, MON style. I know he doesn't have any track record making signings but he just seems like that type of manager who won't look abroad and will instead pay over the odds for English players and players with a poor attitude that he thinks he can get the best out of.

I'm of the opposite opinion, in that I think a players attitude will be the first and main thing he looks for. Just strike's me as that sort bloke.

It's as valid an opinion as any other I suppose. He does hate foreigners, like Benteke, Vlaar, Grealish and Bacuna.

• Like 2