Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If a takeover does happen this summer which looks increasingly likely i'm not sure Sherwood is entirely safe even if he keeps us up.

Again we will probably have a better idea when the identities are revealed but I don't think it's far fetched to suggest the new owner(s) would look to replace him with their own man in mind even if it does seem harsh.

I'm not so sure, and i'll tell you why.

Sherwood was a Fox appointment. If the new owners (who don't exist imo) are to get rid of Sherwood, it's instantly undermining Fox. So would Fox go too? 

If he does, then why on earth would he take the job in the first place? 

With the increased Premier League revenues coming in surely this will inflate prices of players even further? Therefore £20m for Benteke would be a joke. 

I think we should follow our original model aim of signing good up and coming players, giving our own a chance and getting some experience in there too. We just have to do a far better job of it this time! 

• Like 2

Any Manager with a reputation will want a bucket load of dosh....unless we attract an oligarch or sheik, I can't see us pursuing that kind of manager.

IMO Tim Sherwood is a good fit for us....and besides so far has not done much wrong.

I can't see him moving on....unless of course another club sees/likes his potential and attracts him away.

With the increased Premier League revenues coming in surely this will inflate prices of players even further? Therefore £20m for Benteke would be a joke. 

I think we should follow our original model aim of signing good up and coming players, giving our own a chance and getting some experience in there too. We just have to do a far better job of it this time! 

The last line being the operative one for me.

I'm gonna predict that one of Mason or Bentelab might end up coming in.....

Mason can go suck a dick.

Wouldn't have him here if Spurs paid us to have him.

Agree completely, I can just see Sherwood going in for some Spurs kids and I'd imagine those two won't be in the first team next season. Wouldn't mind Benteleb though.

I can see us being linked with Andros Townsend. 

In my opinion we need a left back, another centre back, a playmaker and a striker. 

• Like 1

I can see us being linked with Andros Townsend. 

In my opinion we need a left back, another centre back, a playmaker and a striker. 

I don't disagree but how many bloody left backs are we going to buy before we get it right?

Patrick Bamford being linked on loan from Chelsea

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-gossip-patrick-bamford-9038151

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in signing Chelsea youngster Patrick Bamford.

According to Clubcall, the club sent a scout to a recent Middlesborough game where he is on loan, to check his progress.

The 21-year-old scored his 16th game of the season in the match against Rotherham.

He has scored 42 goals in recent spells at MK Dons, Derby and Boro and now Premier League clubs want to see if he could be a useful top flight loan signing.

It seems unlikely that Jose Mourinho will want to wash his hands of the prospect, but as with Romelu Lukaku, stranger things have happened.

If Boro go up though it would make sense for him to stay at The Riverside.

He's been brilliant for Boro this season. Get him in!

I'd look at Mings, Bamford or Austin.

I'd certainly take a serious look at Austin if we lost Benteke. He's a good footballer who also scores lots of goals and I wonder if he's still a bit under the radar. Not quite fashionable enough a name for the bigger clubs.

Mind you, he's better than Rickie Lambert so maybe that's not the case.

Basically, he will probably end up somewhere like Swansea and score lots of goals again.

If a takeover does happen this summer which looks increasingly likely i'm not sure Sherwood is entirely safe even if he keeps us up.

Again we will probably have a better idea when the identities are revealed but I don't think it's far fetched to suggest the new owner(s) would look to replace him with their own man in mind even if it does seem harsh.

Sherwood was a Fox appointment. If the new owners (who don't exist imo) are to get rid of Sherwood, it's instantly undermining Fox. So would Fox go too? 

Or maybe Fox will agree to it depending on the replacement for example if it was a big name and almost certainly had a better CV then it's really a no brainer.

All hypothetical of course but I maintain Sherwood probably isn't safe if a takeover happens.

Anyway let's hope we do strengthen in the market because another relegation battle will just be awful. A boring mid table finish will do for me next season.

If we want to spunk our transfer dollar in one go then by all means go after a Spurs player. Levy will want Benteke PLUS cash OFF us for Mason, or offer a pathetically piss take low amount for Benteke with no players thrown in come summer. That's how much of a w**ker he is. Horrible man to deal with in player deals as history has shown.

Or maybe Fox will agree to it depending on the replacement for example if it was a big name and almost certainly had a better CV then it's really a no brainer.

All hypothetical of course but I maintain Sherwood probably isn't safe if a takeover happens.

Anyway let's hope we do strengthen in the market because another relegation battle will just be awful. A boring mid table finish will do for me next season.

Why are we presuming that Fox is going to be retained by any new owner (if indeed, they do exist)? I'd have thought there would be a fair chance of him being replaced.