Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd like us to keep Sinclair and Cleverly (although I think we will only get one) we need a Vlaar replacement as well - beyond that - unless something ridiculous comes up (like Diego above) I think it will be a quiet one.

Although given that Sherwood has never bought a player as a manager so anything could happen.

I would imagine he will lean heavily on Reilly in that regard.

I would like to see Weimann sold and go after a striker like Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht)

That is the type of striker we should be targetting he is only 20 and been banging them in for fun.

Nah I'm sick of this going after young kids all the time. Part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. 

Benteke will be leaving so we will need a top level striker. It won't be easy but that is going to be our biggest job. Get Sinclair and Cleverley in, ANOTHER left back and a replacement for Vlaar.

£30m from Benteke and £15-20m (hopeful) from the club and we could be looking at serious quality for once.

I would like to see Weimann sold and go after a striker like Aleksandar Mitrovic (Anderlecht)

That is the type of striker we should be targetting he is only 20 and been banging them in for fun.

Nah I'm sick of this going after young kids all the time. Part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. 

If we're going to look towards competing with people up the table, our model almost has to be "buy cheap, sell for more".  Young players almost exclusively fit this category - experienced ones do not.

Depends where we see the club going.  Instant improvement probably leans towards more experienced, poorer investment players.  If we hold on to our stock and look alright, younger players is the way forward.

If you're replacing your 3rd/4th choice striker you should be looking at getting in a youngster in the hopes they can improve into your first choice.

I wouldn't like to see benteke replaced with an unproven youngster but replacing wireman should be fine

Patrick Bamford being linked on loan from Chelsea

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-gossip-patrick-bamford-9038151

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in signing Chelsea youngster Patrick Bamford.

According to Clubcall, the club sent a scout to a recent Middlesborough game where he is on loan, to check his progress.

The 21-year-old scored his 16th game of the season in the match against Rotherham.

He has scored 42 goals in recent spells at MK Dons, Derby and Boro and now Premier League clubs want to see if he could be a useful top flight loan signing.

It seems unlikely that Jose Mourinho will want to wash his hands of the prospect, but as with Romelu Lukaku, stranger things have happened.

If Boro go up though it would make sense for him to stay at The Riverside.

• Like 1

I'd love Stone Cold Charlie Austin if QPR go down. Would've been more hopeful a while back as he was slipping under the radar a bit with Ings getting the attention but I reckon someone higher than us will go for him now.

Benteke will be leaving so we will need a top level striker. It won't be easy but that is going to be our biggest job. Get Sinclair and Cleverley in, ANOTHER left back and a replacement for Vlaar.

£30m from Benteke and £15-20m (hopeful) from the club and we could be looking at serious quality for once.

£30m for Benteke? I doubt we'll get that sort of cash. £20m is probably more realistic.

£30m for Benteke? I doubt we'll get that sort of cash. £20m is probably more realistic.

Why? £20m is nothing in the modern game to a champions league club, certainly not for a 1 in 2 striker who is also a **** beast.

Why? £20m is nothing in the modern game to a champions league club, certainly not for a 1 in 2 striker who is also a **** beast.

Don't get me wrong I love Benteke but he's not the most consistant striker and has had his injury problems. I'm just not sure that we'd get much over £20m for him.

Don't get me wrong I love Benteke but he's not the most consistant striker and has had his injury problems. I'm just not sure that we'd get much over £20m for him.

I think we would.  The World loves Belgian players right now, too.

No it's not. In general the reason why we are in this mess is because the owner has lost interest in us pushing on. Lack of spending has been the problem compared to what other clubs in the have spent. Lambert's reign did not work out as everyone had hoped it would. Just like some managerial appointments before him.

We are NOT in this mess due to the age of our signings.