Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Did Berbatov end up signing anywhere?

Not as far as I heard. I'd be happy enough if we could get him on a free, wages could be reasonably high (although surely any money is better than no money?) but he could probably get 15+ goals for us, which would be a help.

Edited by alreadyexists

Not as far as I heard. I'd be happy enough if we could get him on a free, wages could be reasonably high (although surely any money is better than no money?) but he could probably get 15+ goals for us, which would be a help.
15+ goals for us this season? Unlikely.

old link possibly reheated

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/transfer-very-possible-as-likely-newcastle-maybe-aston-villa-prep

Diego Rolan looks like he could be getting a last minute move away from French club Bordeaux, according to claims in France on Sunday. Sud Ouest say that the rumours about a transfer have got to the head of the 22 year old Uruguay international. 

His head has been turned toward the prospect of a move and a transfer is now "very possible" according to Sud Ouest. They are expecting an English club to make a concrete bid very soon indeed. Newcastle United are named as a likely option but it's not stated that it's definitely them.

Aston Villa have also been linked with the Bordeaux player. The Daily Mail said in July that Aston Villa could make a move for the player. Then they said Rolan was valued at around £15m but that doesn't appear to be the case.

5th highest spender yet one of the lowest in terms of net spend. If you would of told be our net spend would be less than £!0 million back in May I would of been worried

I did try to tell people when figures like £20m net spend were being banded around.

Scored 15 for Fulham 2 years ago in a very poor Fulham side. I'd like to think we're better and create more than that side and I don't think his game would have deteriorated too badly since then. But I did say probably, but I suppose 15 is a bit of a stretch :)

Edited by alreadyexists

Scored 15 for Fulham 2 years ago in a very poor Fulham side. I'd like to think we're better and create more than that side and I don't think his game would have deteriorated too badly since then. But I did say probably :)
You're just more positive than I am. [emoji2]

I just hope we sign someone other than Lescott. The thing with this window is that most of the signings have been a complete surprise so it could be anyone from Berbatov, Adebayor, Austin, Afobe or Rolan.

Thing is while everyone is predicting and hoping for a striker we haven't really been linked with anyone other than Adebayor. You would have thought there would be some smoke around if we were working on something else. Maybe it's Adebayor or we just go with Kozak and the options we have

Net spend or gross spend. The fact is we have to spend. Sherwood was unfortunate in the sense we lost out 2 players but fortunate that he was allowed to reinvest the money. From what I remember Mcliesh didn't get this luxury after selling Young and Downig. So whether we like it or not we have to happy Lerner had allowed it.

So this does not mean we have not spent money! You only have to spend way more than you bring in from player sales if you have no decent players to sell. Lambert had nobody to sell when he took over because the squad was so bad!

Even Chelsea last season spent around 100M+ worth of talent before they can bring in players.

• Like 1

15+ is probably way too optimistic :)

Totally agree, I think Lescott will help sure up the defence (to varying degrees depending on opinion of him) but we need a goal scorer too; Gestede, Gabby, Ayew, Kozak and Hepbun-Murphy, just doesn't seem good enough to see us through. Sinclair has banged in a few, but is that going to be regular? Adebayor looks like a better deal everyday (still think that might happen)

While I think the business we've done is good, I think it will reflect badly on the owner if our net spend decreases for the 5th consecutive year.

I'm not sure his popularity with the fans could drop any lower, or indeed that he really care's.

Edited by av1

While I think the business we've done is good, I think it will reflect badly on the owner if our net spend decreases for the 5th consecutive year.

I'm not sure his popularity with the fans could drop any lower, or indeed that he really care's.

Indeed, he's a piece of shit who has very nearly miss-managed this club right into the championship. 

Exactly. We on earth would he spend more than he has too when he is trying to sell the club?

Exactly. We on earth would he spend more than he has too when he is trying to sell the club?

No one expects him to put his own money in, but I find it hard to believe that the club couldn't spend more than it has. I guess Tuesday is the time to judge but I can't see a lot happening.