Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I could see Lescott being the one. It would even up the defence with a left footer meaning we'd have:-

t

Clark/Lescott with Richards/Baker/Okore. 

Also provides LB cover to Amavi

I can see Baker going off on loan to Burnley actually.

Edited by Djemba_Villan

Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he had a good season last year. Would be our best CB in my eyes, not that I'm particular excited by the prospect of signing him but it would be better than nothing.

Lescott is nowhere near as bad as some are making out, he had a good season last year. Would be our best CB in my eyes, not that I'm particular excited by the prospect of signing him but it would be better than nothing.

Where I am with it. He'd have been better than what he had there for the majority of last season. 

I'd rather spend big and get a top talent at centre back in. 

Stan Collymore just tweeted 'he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming...'.. then just deleted it.

Ashley Young anyone?

Maybe Lescott, Villa fan and local lad

Good shout I reckon

I'm convinced it's Barry, him and Collymore are good mates so maybe he gave him the heads up.

Stan Collymore just tweeted 'he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming...'.. then just deleted it.

Ashley Young anyone?

Maybe Lescott, Villa fan and local lad

Good shout I reckon

I'm convinced it's Barry, him and Collymore are good mates so maybe he gave him the heads up.

Would people be happy if it was Barry?

Ashley Young anyone?

Delph has changed his mind.

This isn't his home anymore.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhh Delph got owned!

• Like 2

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/31/report-aston-villa-eye-montpellier-midfielder-morgan-sanson/?

Report: Aston Villa eye Montpellier midfielder Morgan Sanson

Freddie Shires Profile Pic

Freddie Shires

@fshires

2 hours ago

10 0 10 0

The 20-year-old Frenchman is the latest Ligue 1 player to be linked with a move to Villa Park.

View image | gettyimages.com

Aston Villa’s French revolution shows no signs of slowing down, with Le Parisien reporting that the club are now keen on a move for Montpellier midfielder Morgan Sanson.

Sanson, 20, joined Montpellier from Le Mans in June 2013 and has since made 70 total appearances for the club, while racking up seven goals and six assists.

The France Under-21 international’s promising performances last season, when he helped the Ligue 1 outfit seal a seventh-place finish, saw him linked with the likes of Newcastle United and West Ham United in the winter [h/t talkSPORT], while Italian giants AC Milan were also reported to be interested in his signature [h/t calciomercato.it].

A summer move seemed to have been put on the backburner when he was ruled out for five months in mid-April after rupturing a knee ligament in his side’s 1-0 defeat at Toulouse, but that does not appear to have deterred Aston Villa due to his long-term potential.

Sanson has also declared his interest in heading across the Atlantic in past, having been quoted by French football website Le10 Sport in February as declaring: "From a young, England has always fascinated me. I want to go there, but we'll see in the future.”

A versatile prospect, Sanson lined up at various positions over the course of last season, seeing time as a No. 10, on the wing, in central midfield and even at right-back on a handful of occasions.

Le Parisien’s report does not mention how much Montpellier would demand for his services but, with a contract running until 2018, a €10 million [£7.1 million] asking price has been rumoured [h/t calciomercato.it].

SEE ALSO: Aston Villa new boy not concerned about transition to English football

He would not feel out of place were he to make the move to the Midlands in the near future either, having already seen Idrissa Gueye, Jordan Amavi, Jordan Ayew and, most recently, Jordan Veretout all join the claret and blues from Ligue 1 this summer.

At this rate, the English-speaking players in the Villa dressing room will be getting plenty of free French lessons.