Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Defender next please sorry to sound greedy but I am

Think we'll see Holgate at RB with Bacuna now seen more as a right sided midfielder. Although I know it's a CB you crave!

I've read Ron Vlaar is still potentially coming back here

I really hope not, he's out for ages and when he is fit the chance is it won't last too long. Plus I don't think he's that great, sure theres a fresh face we can get in who actually wants to be here and can slot in immediately to improve our defence.

I would take Ron back, the situation for us and him may have changed since our last offer. Depends on how much money we have left to sign anyone, I've lost track of our income and expenditure. I doubt there is enough for another £7-10m player but hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

It's weird because he's still a good defender, but for me right now taking Vlaar back would feel like a sideways step and a massively underwhelming signing that takes away from what could otherwise be a potentially exciting one.  In the midst of loads of highs this would be a very big 'meh'.

• Like 1

Fair play to the club and Randy, they've spent money this window.

I have to say I was worried we wouldn't spend a dime because of RL trying to cut his losses, but this really is the best window we've had in a long time.

I hope we complete Adebayor today for attacking depth and then focus on our defense. I still worry about the GK position. I'd like to see Adebayor then a GK and CB to close off the Window.

Reports saying we'll be back in for Praet!

Hmm interesting... I guess Gil needs competition if Grealish will likely be played on the left of a front three, but Praet from what I've seen decimates Gil as a player and I'd love to see Gil actually get a chance.. That said Praet is hyped for a reason, he's got all the potential to be the next big thing so if we get him then wicked..

What's the net

I have to say I was worried we wouldn't spend a dime because of RL trying to cut his losses, but this really is the best window we've had in a long time.

I hope we complete Adebayor today for attacking depth and then focus on our defense. I still worry about the GK position. I'd like to see Adebayor then a GK and CB to close off the Window.

I reckon we've got in about 43 million in sales. What's the net spend?

Without a doubt we should be thanking Randy but look at it big picture also. Pump money into a great but arguably failing club, the worst that is likely to happen is we stay put. What's more likely is we will push on and probably be a mid table club again. That alone would probably add a lovely percentage to the selling price and if nothing else make us more likely to be taken over.

With some luck we can push about the 7th-10th places which I think would be a meteoric return to success owing to the past few years. Granted we won't be hassling any big clubs but we'll mix it with the smaller sides like Stoke, Everton and Liverpool.

He's investing wisely.

I've read Ron Vlaar is still potentially coming back here

Would take this all day long. Would be very sensible for all parties.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him again, I guess squad numbers would a be a key indicator of how likely if we don't take up all 25 when we put them in.

It just goes to show what could have happened all those years ago when we got all that profit from Milner, Young and Downing (arguably Barry as well). Glad the club has finally learnt its lesson, I know some of the signings aren't guaranteed to be successes but the potential of Amavi and Veretout alone to be worth zillions in a few years whilst hopefully taking us up the league is exciting.