Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Would anyone consider Jordan Rhodes?

I mean he is called Jordan so he definitely fits the bill...

Flat track bully, very one dimensional, very one paced and doesn't contribute anything. Would cost upwards of £10m and has never scored goals at the PL level. He has been part of a vastly underachieving Blackburn side that hasn't even looked close to getting promoted.

In short he will get you goals but won't contribute to a successful team.

No.

Sure someone said earlier he's been found out in Scotland training camps and struggles to get a game for them raising serious doubts that he'll be suited to the prem, Naismith, fletcher, Russell and griffiths all picked ahead of him, girffiths and fletcher are shite, Naismith is a Scottish weimann, Russell I don't know too much about, but it doesn't inspire confidence

Edited by villa4europe

just seen this on ssn website:

VILLA FACE DESTRO COMPETITION

Reported Aston Villa target, Roma attacking-midfielder Mattia Destro, has attracted attention from Bayer Leverkusen, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.

With Tim Sherwood’s side looking to reinvest the £32.5million received from Liverpool for striker Christian Benteke, reports in Italy had suggested Villa were weighing up a move for Destro.

But, having sold Josip Drmic to Borussia Mönchengladbach, Leverkusen are said to be interested in signing the 24-year-old Italian. 

If we get Ayew signed next few days then that will be four first 11 players we've signed before August 1st. If Adebayor gets over the line then make that five. Sinclair is a squad player.

When was the last summer window when we did that, we certainly didn't under MON or other managers since then. The mugs we signed last summer early like Senderos and Joe Cole don't count.

That's why I'm surprised at some of the negativity on here, yes I understand why people are on a downer as we've lost Delph and Benteke and they'll be very tough to replace but we are signing practically half a new team and for decent fees aswell.

Compare that to summer 2011 when we lost Downing and Young, appointed McLeish and just signed N'zogbia and thought that would do. So I chuckle when people claim "worst transfer window ever."

• Like 1

I think some are still waiting for that 'marque' signing, I certainly am. An take into account we still haven't spent to much of the money from the Delph and Benteke signings, its still very poor.

There won't be a marque signing. There was never really a marque signing under MON really, just solid British players for large fees. Our last one really was Bent and look how that turned out long term.

Maybe Adebayor can be classed as Marquee given the clubs he's played for in his career but that's stretching it a bit given his current state.

O.K if you want an exciting signing then we've already done it seeing as Amavi is close to making the full French team. Where we are currently, we can't just dismiss that as average.

So far we are signing first 11 players rather than the rubbish last summer we were signing or even the other years when it was punts from the championship and league one.

Maybe some of the money is being saved until January?

Edited by VillaChris

A marque signing would be the wrong move IMO.  We need more quality and balance throughout.  Lets say we bring in two good quality strikers (say Ayew and Adebayor on loan) and two more good quality players (say an attacking midfielder and perhaps a central midfielder).  I think that would make us a potentially better side than last year, assuming they can learn to play together.  We lose Benteke (our marque player) and Delph but the overall quality and balance of the side starts to look better, at least to me.   

Micah Richards

Jordan Amavi

Idrissa Gueye

New midefielder

Attacking midfieder

Jordan Ayew

Emmanuel Adebayor

Also think Carles Gil will feature much more and improve us.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Another one from Nixon...

@reluctantnicko:gk unknown, rb Holgate, midfield up for grabs, strikers Ayew, Adebayor plus one

6 players if you go with that. Does say Holgate been at Man U a week but not offered a deal as yet.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Another one from Nixon...

@reluctantnicko: unknown, rb Holgate, midfield up for grabs, strikers Ayew, Adebayor plus one

6 players if you go with that. Does say Holgate been at Man U a week but not offered a deal as yet.

Also implies we could be happy to let Kozak go.

1. @reluctantnicko avfc try to sign 3 strikers?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    Follow
    More

@SelfmadeFortune Forwards ... u lost Benteke and Weimann ... Kozak can go ... and u were short last season ...