Lowton

Vlaar

Cissokho (apparently)

Delph

Cleverley

Weimann

Bent

Benteke (surely)

That's the basis of an alright side. Edited to add: and eight out of the nine have played for their country.

This summer is really make or break for the whole club.

That's a relegation side.

Agreed on maybe three of them. But Given and Cissokho would walk into sides better than us (Stoke/West Ham/WBA type teams). And Vlaar, Delph, Cleverley, Benteke will all play for sides pushing for Europe.

I think what he means is literally, it was almost a relegation side. Has been for 4 years. We've always had a group of players that look very capable and they showed it in glimpses often enough that we never fell through the trap door. I think individually most of those players will do just fine in other premier league squads, but for some reason they just didn't properly click as a unit and we haven't had anywhere near enough money to solve the problem. It might fail and we'll go down but this rennovation may be exactly what we need to stop us treading water.

• Like 1

I can't decide on what I should expect. I want many signings and I want them now :angry:

Just really hope that we really do it this summer, no excuses. Get in some proper players, we are supposed to kick on at some point aren't we.

There is a lot of speculation, and it does seem Darder and Amavi are close to signing and highly rated. This coming season we will be Tim's team, and an unknown quantity, maybe we will do a Southampton.

If by Monday we have Amavi and Darder things won't look to bad but then we'll be into another meltdown with Benteke leaving. I like that we are going for unproven quality but I'd like a few with PL experience as well. Spending the Benteke money on Praet Embolo etc would be good but they may take time to settle but I'd rather do that than buy the recent dross

If this happens i will be more than happy to sell Benteke to get them

Darder 7 million

Praet 10 milion

Amavi 10 million

Remy Loan

Embolo/Martial 10-15 million

------------------------------Guzan---------------------------

Richards--------Okore----------------Clark--------Amavi

--------------------Darder---------Gueye-------------------

------------Praet-------------------------Grealish-----------

------------------------------Gil--------------------------------

-----------------------Embolo/Martial------------------------

Remy Gabby Sanchez Bacuna Westwood Gardner Sinclair Baker Kozak as subs/reserves.

Still think we need 1-2 more after that.. but we wont have much funds left. Maybe another loan in midfield for depth as im not a fan of Westwood/Gardner as back ups for Praet/Grealish. Could always revert to a 442.

Either way we need signings. Wouldnt mind another RB with Richards at CB. Playing 3 centre backs is a waste of an attacking position.

I like that team, and its the formation i use on Champo. Ergo, we'll win league this year, Champions League next year and beat Cruz Azul in World Club Cup in 2017/2018

• Like 1

We'd need more than just Bamford to replace Benteke. I think we should go for someone like Martial or Embolo and in addition, if at all possible try and get someone like Remy or Hernandez in on loan. Hopefully Sherwood's given the money to do right by the squad, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't get people wanting Martial and Embolo to replace Benteke they are 19 and 18. Age isn't everything of course and Mitrovic and Bamford are not much older but have shown more. I'm certain we will not start the season with a 19 year old leading the front line. We cannot sign a front man who we expect to deliver the same as Benteke, we need to build a sqaud that scores goals.

We won't replace Benteke like for like and I agree we will need two. I've been conditioned to expect Ricky Lambert and jordan Bowery.

How about a duo Owen and Heskey, Crouch and Defoe. I think I'm stuck in a loop.

If by Monday we have Amavi and Darder things won't look to bad but then we'll be into another meltdown with Benteke leaving. I like that we are going for unproven quality but I'd like a few with PL experience as well. Spending the Benteke money on Praet Embolo etc would be good but they may take time to settle but I'd rather do that than buy the recent dross

No experience, No Fear, No Baggage and point to prove  thats got to be an improvement on the last few season trying to win will be better to watch than trying not to lose!

Why hasn't Darder got his own thread?

I've ignored a lot of the Darder rumours as I didn't think we'd sign him if Fibian stayed. Now he's gone to Bench City, I fancied a read of the Darder tittle tattle, but can't be bothered scrolling back 30 pages.

Can someone give me the lowdown please? I'm guessing he's a man, a midfielder and aged between 18-30. What else?

My concern is the lack of experience or a potential lack of experience in the side.

We can't end up with a team full of young players and new imports to the PL.

We have lost a lot of experience from the team and squad so while names from abroad might be more exciting and represent better value I think we need a few more known quantities.

• Like 4

My main worry is that Sherwood in the few final months last seasonwasn't able to undo the damage done by the toxic lambert and Lerner/Faulkner combination.

I expected benteke to leave, and a lot of deadwood to be moved on. But I expected Vlaar, Cleverly and Delph to stay, Given also.

Richards has the experience but he's not played regular pre football in years. Gueye, Amavi, Dardner and any other foreign signing as Trent says are exciting but still a massive gamble as they will take time to adapt.

Which is why we maybe have to overpay on some Spurs rejects or relegated club pickings, as the spine of this team has gone.

My concern is the lack of experience or a potential lack of experience in the side.

We have lost a lot of experience from the team and squad so while names from abroad might be more exciting and represent better value I think we need a few more known quantities.

I agree Trent, but who would you suggest to come in??

we could end up with another 'young and hungry' experiment going on... whilst I wouldn't call the first attempt of this philosophy a complete failure, it certainly highlighted the need for experience amongst the ranks.

I had a meeting at the Belfry yesterday for work and I saw Julie B had them locked up there with Dale Stephens and Miguel, there are also unconfirmed rumours that Wesley Sneijder had been in attendance previously.*

* NB, some of the above may not be true, although i was at the Belfry yesterday, and as far as i could see there were no prisoners or hostages.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking we might get martial for 10-15m, remember that Spurs went for him a while ago, were told 18m and that was without competition for him.

I think we can just move on from that rumour, full stop

In our starting 11, we would have either bacuna or hutton, clark, richards, guzan and gabby or sinclair.  I think having virtually half the team with premier league experience would be fine.

We'd also have the likes of richardson, cole and senderos in the squad as well.

Edited by DCJonah

I have consumed the Sherwood Kool-Aid. I reckon we are in for our best season since MON left.

I think the structures are in place to deliver an all round boost to the overall quality of the squad. Busy few weeks coming up with plenty of cash to spend.

This.

Havent been so optomistic in almost a decade! We all sort of reckoned Benteke would be prized away at some point and when the first Delph saga begun I was resigned to losing him. We have a better team now with the loss of those two than we did at the end of last season. Granted we desparately need a striker but taking the current transfer dealings into account we can safely assume some one will be brought in. Even if it a shitboxer to do a job for a wee bit, this team is miles away from the Lambert or McLeish eras.

Onwards dear friends, onwards and upwards (shouldnt be tough, we are coming from a dire base!)

I'd like us to try for Remy to replace Benteke, if/when he goes. He's got experience of the league and I think we'll need that with so many new and inexperienced players potentially coming in.

the players we ar ebidding/being linked to are not the players we are accustomed to be chasing and while media thinks we will settle for a Lambert or a Holt I can see Sherwood going for a big name striker