Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Will lose a lot of respect for Delph if that clause is true. How can he say he has been loyal with such a small fee put in.

Well he only said it wouldn't have felt right to leave for nothing. If the club get 8 or 10 million for him he'll feel like everyone's a winner, and he may have a case.

I hope he stays, but won't be losing sleep either way. If he doesn't want to play for us, let him try and get a game somewhere else while we play somebody who does want to.

• Like 2

Will lose a lot of respect for Delph if that clause is true. How can he say he has been loyal with such a small fee put in.

He said he was uncomfortable leaving Villa for free after all they had done. This is the perfect solution. You can leave if you want and we get our money back. I think any of us would have done the same and I actually thought to myself at the time... I wonder if there is a get out clause if we go down, Seems there is something if nor related to relegation.

Right now he is loyal regardless of fees in contract. If he leaves 6 months after signing then maybe loyalty can be questioned but he could have waited until this summer and then decided. Villa would have nothing... so he deserves some praise for what he did.

• Like 2

OUT

Delph

Guzan

Vlaar

Weimann

Lowton

Sylla

IN

Clasie

Begovic

Will Hughes

Richards

CB

LB

ST

RW

Would be ok if we can keep Benteke. If he is sold we should be using that money to bring in an extra striker.

Of course the above is only based on us getting new owners.

He said he was uncomfortable leaving Villa for free after all they had done. This is the perfect solution. You can leave if you want and we get our money back. I think any of us would have done the same and I actually thought to myself at the time... I wonder if there is a get out clause if we go down, Seems there is something if nor related to relegation.

Right now he is loyal regardless of fees in contract. If he leaves 6 months after signing then maybe loyalty can be questioned but he could have waited until this summer and then decided. Villa would have nothing... so he deserves some praise for what he did.

Totally agree. The guy has to think about his career after all. You only get one shot at being the best you can be so tying yourself to Villa and jeopardising a big move would be crazy IMO.

• Like 1

Harj Johal ‏@harj04  4h4 hours ago

#AVFC fans please remain calm, things are in hand & all isn't as the tabloids would have u believe. Enjoy the sunshine & wait for the facts!

I'm hoping this is in relation to Delph. 

Whose Harj Johal?

I think he called a couple of transfers/bits of info last season. Guessing he's a local businessman with a connection at Villa.

He got them bang on too. Though he doesn't exactly say much there! Just stating what should be obvious to us, but then we live in an age where people need an "ITK" to tell them to be patient.

• Like 2

Harj Johal ‏@harj04  4h4 hours ago

#AVFC fans please remain calm, things are in hand & all isn't as the tabloids would have u believe. Enjoy the sunshine & wait for the facts!

I'm hoping this is in relation to Delph. 

Is he ITK about the weather as it's chucking it down here. Could do with a bit of suuuuuuuunshiiiiineeeeeeeehhh

I will be seriously concerned if we end up losing the spine to our team

Guzan.Vlaar.Delph.Benteke

Guzan - I don't see why we feel the need to sell him or bring in another keeper - he is more than adequate for us. What is needed is a better defence (full backs mainly) in front of him.

Vlaar - Out of the 'spine four', Vlaar is the one we can do without. We have Clark, Okore, Baker and Senderos who all played their part last season and added Micah Richards too.

Delph - Losing Delph is our worst case scenario. We simply have no one better at the club. Our captain and midfield engine. We've already lost Cleverley, who'll need replacing too. I understand the necessity of a release clause (esp if we got relegated) but just have to hope Delph shuns any attentions from Citeh et al if they come calling.

Benteke - It's inevitable he'll leave but the only question is when, this season? If so, we should land £32.5m for him - which is good business. If he stays another season? Hopefully he'll be injury free and bang in the goals and goes on to have a great Euros. Who knows what we'd get for him then?

IMO, without taking into account replacing the four above, we desperately need:

2x LB (Cissokho not rated, Bennett and Luna not good enough, Kinsella too young/inexperienced)

2x CM (to replace Cleverley and another to add options)

1x AM (Gil apparently not rated, N'Zogbia inconsistant, Grealish pissed(;)) and Sinclair rarely used)

2x ST (Weimann gone, Gabby inconsistant, Kozak returning from a long lay off)

That's 7 players needed in, without also trying to replace our current best 4 players.

The problem for me is the direction the club is going in - no one knows really! Are we being sold?? What will new owners bring to the table? If we don't get bought, then I can see asset stripping (see above!) and a final season in the Premier League for us for a long time.

We could lose our spine and, with investment, hope to replace them with like or better players - I just cannot see it though.

I don't think we'll get in our first choice targets either and end up with a bunch of Spudzzz rejects and no hopers. I don't think I would be able to stomach watching Adebayor, Caulker, Carroll, Mason, Bartley et al in the Claret and Blue.

At this moment in time, I honestly believe we will be relegated. However, the only saving grace is its still closed season and a lot 'could' be happening behind the scenes.

Sorry to be so negative on a (wet and miserable) Sunday morning ;)

• Like 1

He's more loyal than 90% of British footballers would have been simply by signing the contract in the first place. 

• Like 1

I will be seriously concerned if we end up losing the spine to our team

Guzan.Vlaar.Delph.Benteke

Guzan - I don't see why we feel the need to sell him or bring in another keeper - he is more than adequate for us. What is needed is a better defence (full backs mainly) in front of him.

Vlaar - Out of the 'spine four', Vlaar is the one we can do without. We have Clark, Okore, Baker and Senderos who all played their part last season and added Micah Richards too.

Delph - Losing Delph is our worst case scenario. We simply have no one better at the club. Our captain and midfield engine. We've already lost Cleverley, who'll need replacing too. I understand the necessity of a release clause (esp if we got relegated) but just have to hope Delph shuns any attentions from Citeh et al if they come calling.

Benteke - It's inevitable he'll leave but the only question is when, this season? If so, we should land £32.5m for him - which is good business. If he stays another season? Hopefully he'll be injury free and bang in the goals and goes on to have a great Euros. Who knows what we'd get for him then?

IMO, without taking into account replacing the four above, we desperately need:

2x LB (Cissokho not rated, Bennett and Luna not good enough, Kinsella too young/inexperienced)

2x CM (to replace Cleverley and another to add options)

1x AM (Gil apparently not rated, N'Zogbia inconsistant, Grealish pissed( ;)) and Sinclair rarely used)

2x ST (Weimann gone, Gabby inconsistant, Kozak returning from a long lay off)

That's 7 players needed in, without also trying to replace our current best 4 players.

The problem for me is the direction the club is going in - no one knows really! Are we being sold?? What will new owners bring to the table? If we don't get bought, then I can see asset stripping (see above!) and a final season in the Premier League for us for a long time.

We could lose our spine and, with investment, hope to replace them with like or better players - I just cannot see it though.

I don't think we'll get in our first choice targets either and end up with a bunch of Spudzzz rejects and no hopers. I don't think I would be able to stomach watching Adebayor, Caulker, Carroll, Mason, Bartley et al in the Claret and Blue.

At this moment in time, I honestly believe we will be relegated. However, the only saving grace is its still closed season and a lot 'could' be happening behind the scenes.

Sorry to be so negative on a (wet and miserable) Sunday morning ;)

Luckily the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. 

I mean, look, I don't feel great about things either. Who would after finishing 17th? But let's wait until August before we wet our knickers at least. 

Luckily the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. 

I mean, look, I don't feel great about things either. Who would after finishing 17th? But let's wait until August before we wet our knickers at least. 

I have acknowledged it's early doors and a lot could change!

but we already have a mammoth rebuilding task to undertake though, without adding our best 4 players to the list - especially with uncertainty over ownership (and an inexperienced Manager).

(FYI my knickers are still dry - all hail man pads!)

Tena-Men-Moderate-Level-2---10-pack-6348

Would anyone take downing for 7m as being reported he is available for ?

No - wrong side of his prime and no resale value.

(also don't think fans would welcome him back after his exit last time either)

• Like 1

Whose Harj Johal?

He is a sales director at a large insurance company ( would I get in trouble for naming the company?) Big Villa fan who has made a good few contacts within the club.

Director of Customer Operations at Direct Line Group. I don't know why you are worrying it's all there on his LinkedIn profile.

ive now gone from enjoying coming onto here to read articles of the deadwood leaving and being linked with fresh players who we can sign, to our decent players leaving and being linked with players we have no chance ever of signing.

• Like 1