Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Delph is definately worth 20 million. Even rubbish English players get close to 10 million. Hes still 25 and has a four year deal.

I have a feeling some team has met the Benteke clause (probably when it was initially announced) and have agreed to keep it quiet until we do our business like Tottenham did before they eventually sold Bale.

Its too quiet.. even from Bentekes side/agent. We are bidding big chunks of money at a fullback (Amavi) and a goalkeeper (Begovic). We have a team to rebuild and Tim and Tom probably know they will only get about 15 million to spend normally. So if they get 30 from Benteke.. 40 million to spend sounds reasonable.

So then what do we need? Were obviously in the market for a goal keeper and a full back.

Goalkeeper 7 million.

Right back 7 million.

Left Back - 5 million

Centre back 4-5 million.

Midfielder 10-12 million

Striker 10-15 million.

Second striker 5-6 million.

Will that be enough? I would think if Benteke goes we need two strikers. Austin and maybe a potential overseas gamble like Benteke was.

So thats possibly around 50 million to spend. I assume we will sell Guzan for a smallish fee. 2-3 million.. probably back to the states. Gil 2-3 million. Senderos very minimal fee. 1-2 milllion.

If Benteke isnt sold.. then we are in trouble...

Of course all this changes if we have a new owner who wants to spend say 25-30 million.

Either way.. it will be an interesting summer.

Now that is what I call real speculation. You are in the the right thread.

I worry about the message that will be sent out to potential signings that the sales of Benteke and Delph will send. May do a lot more damage than just not having them two in the team next year.

I'm clinging to the rumour announced about a week ago, about Liverpool bidding 12 mil plus Borini and Ibe (on loan) for Delph, as hope that there isn't a 10 million buy out clause.

Unless they were paying the unnecessary 2 million for us to take Borini off their hands.

I worry about the message that will be sent out to potential signings that the sales of Benteke and Delph will send. May do a lot more damage than just not having them two in the team next year.

Awful of late. He had an "in" under Faulkner I believe, or perhaps exclusively Lambert, but I don't think he's nailed anything under Fox/Sherwood. Percy is the man these days. 

Moses is better than Townsend. Although he can look very bad at times, he is decent technically. That's why Martinez liked him. He is capable of better end product also. Townsend lacks any intelligence.