Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guzan literally makes one mistake and now we need a new keeper.

Get a grip people.

At the man city game they spin facts around as the game is going on. After Guzan passed the ball to Aguero a fact went round stating Guzan had made more direct errors leading to a goal than any other keeper in the league this season. Think it was 7 mistakes that lead directly to a goal? I can't remember them all so dunno where the stat came from but it was a worrying thing to read

Which isn't 7.

And the OP was that Guzan has made 7 mistakes directly leading to a goal. That article says 5 leading to a shot on target or a goal.

Ergo, it's shite.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Which isn't 7.

And the OP was that Guzan has made 7 mistakes directly leading to a goal. That article says 5 leading to a shot on target or a goal.

Ergo, it's shite.

Still the highest out of the entire Premier League, pretty bad to be honest for a goalkeeper

Some of us said it before the City game. It's not the mistakes for me, he isn't a liability in general. It's just that he isn't very good. The last two seasons attest to that.

Which isn't 7.

Ergo, it's shite.

Still the highest out of the entire Premier League, pretty bad to be honest for a goalkeeper

Hardly.

I bet one of those mistakes would be Leicester at home.

And it isn't even true.

Foster, Begovic and Mignolet had the same/more.

Proper revisionism when it comes to Guzan and it's infuriating. We shouldn't be getting rid of him, full stop.

This is a realistic set of changes I think we could make this summer. It would be great to have a complete overhaul but I don't feel it is possible.

Red = sell

Green = keep

Orange = loan

Current squad:

Given

Guzan

Steer

Baker

Clark

Okore

Senderos

Calder

Vlaar

Richardson

Hutton 

Cissokho

Lowton

Bennett

Luna

Westwood

Delph

Sanchez

Gardner

Herd

Sylla

Gil

Grealish

Bacuna

Sinclair

N'Zogbia

Cole

Tonev

Agbonlahor

Kozak

Robinson

Benteke

Weimann

Helenius

I think we can assume that we will lose Benteke. Also with a few others going we should have freed up some wages and a little more transfer funds. We could well receive £35m from sales and free up around £100k p/w in wages. 

If we are given an additional £10m to spend which isn't much to ask we are in a strong position. Of course the ownership of the club puts this in doubt.

Immediate needs for me are;

Centre back: Smalling (Man Utd), Evans (Man Utd), Heintz (Kaiserslautern), Keogh (Derby)

Left back: Willems (PSV), Friend (Boro)

Centre forward: Mitrovic (Anderlecht), Gignac (Marseille), Max Gradel (St Etienne), Bamford (Chelsea), Rhodes (Blackburn), Austin (QPR)

Would be nice to improve areas;

Goalkeeper: Heaton (Burnley)

Right back: Sam Bryam (Leeds United), Kierian Trippier (Burnley), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal loan)

Central midfield: Dennis Praet (Anderlecht), Rudy (Hoffenheim), Caroll (Spurs), Hughes (Derby), 

Winger: Serge Gnabry (Arsenal), Joel Campbell (Arsenal), Townsend (Spurs), Sako (wolves/free), Pritchard (Spurs)

Edited by villanwesty88
  • Like 1

Which isn't 7.

Ergo, it's shite.

I thought Lovren and Rob Green made the most mistakes with seven?

This is a realistic set of changes I think we could make this summer. It would be great to have a complete overhaul but I don't feel it is possible.

Red = sell

Green = keep

Orange = loan

Current squad:

Given

Guzan

Steer

Baker

Clark

Senderos

Calder

Vlaar

Richardson

Hutton

Cissokho

Lowton

Bennett

Westwood

Delph

Sanchez

Gardner

Herd

Gil

Grealish

Bacuna

Sinclair

N'Zogbia

Cole

Agbonlahor

Kozak

Robinson

Benteke

Weimann

I think we can assume that we will lose Benteke. Also with a few others going we should have freed up some wages and a little more transfer funds. We could well receive £35m from sales and free up around £100k p/w in wages.

If we are given an additional £10m to spend which isn't much to ask we are in a strong position. Of course the ownership of the club puts this in doubt.

Immediate needs for me are;

Centre back: Smalling (Man Utd), Evans (Man Utd), Heintz (Kaiserslautern), Keogh (Derby)

Left back: Willems (PSV), Friend (Boro)

Centre forward: Mitrovic (Anderlecht), Gignac (Marseille), Max Gradel (St Etienne), Bamford (Chelsea), Rhodes (Blackburn), Austin (QPR)

Would be nice to improve areas;

Goalkeeper: Heaton (Burnley)

Right back: Sam Bryam (Leeds United), Kierian Trippier (Burnley), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal loan)

Central midfield: Dennis Praet (Anderlecht), Rudy (Hoffenheim), Caroll (Spurs), Hughes (Derby),

Winger: Serge Gnabry (Arsenal), Joel Campbell (Arsenal), Townsend (Spurs), Sako (wolves/free), Pritchard (Spurs)

You missed out Okore! And a few others who are out on loan... Luna, Tonev etc.

Guzan is a good keeper. He is capable of a world class save for example vs carrol at west ham away. But this is just cancelled out by sloppy mistakes and his poor distribution imo. Think we need a keeper who is capable of dominating the area and can be a big presence at the back. Possibly Pantilimon the sunderland keeper?

I think we will need/look for the following

---------------------------Keeper

Full back--------Okore-------defender---------full back

Winger----------Delph--------holding mid------Grealish

---------------------------attacking mid/striker

---------------------------striker

That's concerning isn't it...

Its concerning alright when arguably our player of season, clark, isnt on this team and Okore is, who to me has allot to find based on his performances in 2015

Guzan literally makes one mistake and now we need a new keeper.

Get a grip people.

I dont think we need to replace Guzan but we need another keeper.

Shay is past it, Steer isnt a joke, and Siegriest would have played by now if he was good enough.

By that measure we only really have 1 capable keeper in the squad.

I'd echo the sentiments above that we need a big strong keeper who can command the box , like Bosnich used to do back in the day.  Take the ball, player and all!

Guzan is a good keeper. He is capable of a world class save for example vs carrol at west ham away. But this is just cancelled out by sloppy mistakes and his poor distribution imo. Think we need a keeper who is capable of dominating the area and can be a big presence at the back. Possibly Pantilimon the sunderland keeper?[/quote

Domination and presence.....I agree