Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Wow, so Hull want £30m for Robertson? :lol:

What is the world coming too.... 

It's amusing Bruce said that given his 30m left back couldn't even get in his relegated team at the end of the season.

Lad's a decent player but nowhere near the finished product, 7m is more accurate, still double what Hull paid.

It's not speculation as such, but I'm watching NED v USA and we could do a lot worse than to take DeAndre Yedlin on loan from Tottenham. He's had an assist since coming on and he's giving Daley Blind fits.

With Spurs having Yedlin and Dier and apparently looking at Trippier, I'd really like it if we were to go for Walker. But, as its Spurs, he'd no doubt cost ten times what he's worth, and right-back isn't even a priority position, with Hutton and Bacuna both performing well this year.

I imagine Shawcross is out of our league, simply because of the money that Stoke would want for him.

Maybe Ashley Williams is more of a realistic option?

For me Ashley Williams is one of the best cbs in the league. Why would Swansea sell him!

With Spurs having Yedlin and Dier and apparently looking at Trippier, I'd really like it if we were to go for Walker. But, as its Spurs, he'd no doubt cost ten times what he's worth, and right-back isn't even a priority position, with Hutton and Bacuna both performing well this year.

Walker was great in that loan spell for us. I think he's had a few injuries which have set him back. 

I imagine Shawcross is out of our league, simply because of the money that Stoke would want for him.

Maybe Ashley Williams is more of a realistic option?

For me Ashley Williams is one of the best cbs in the league. Why would Swansea sell him!

Williams is very settled at Swansea. Same for Shawcross, both would only leave if top 6 clubs came in for them.

They're the sort of signings we could've expected in the MON era, not anymore I'm afraid.

• Like 1

My thinking was that Williams is a local lad (possibly a Villa fan? I'm not sure) and that it wouldn't be entirely unrealistic that his last big contract could be with a Midlands team. I didn't, however, realise that he signed a new contract with Swansea last year!

Saying that, if we were to sell Benteke and invest £15m/£20m + Benteke profits into the team, I don't think it's too far-fetched to suggest a player from Stoke or Swansea might leave them for us.

My thinking was that Williams is a local lad (possibly a Villa fan? I'm not sure) and that it wouldn't be entirely unrealistic that his last big contract could be with a Midlands team. I didn't, however, realise that he signed a new contract with Swansea last year!

Saying that, if we were to sell Benteke and invest £15m/£20m + Benteke profits into the team, I don't think it's too far-fetched to suggest a player from Stoke or Swansea might leave them for us.

I used to play with him as kids. He wasn't a Villa fan then. His Dad was a youth coach at WBA, that's how he got his break because in all honestly as kids, he wasn't very good.

I used to play with him as kids. He wasn't a Villa fan then. His Dad was a youth coach at WBA, that's how he got his break because in all honestly as kids, he wasn't very good.

Belgrave Bullets?

• Like 1

There's something very odd about the way the new TV deal is influencing everything - we'd struggle to get a CB from Swansea, but we could probably  make Inter Milan an offer they'd struggle to ignore for one of theirs. I can't quite get used to the idea that in terms of transfer power financially there's Real, Barca, PSG, the entire Premier league then the rest. Money makes football strange.

• Like 1

Believe it or not but not every player wants to move to England or play in the premier league hence someone like Dybala rejecting English clubs and wanting to move to Juventus.

Even with 100m extra, that dosen't suddenly mean there's 100 extra world class players to buy from around the world, most of it will still probably be wasted on potential that might not be fulfilled. 

I'd definitely take Yedlin. He made Blind look foolish multiple times. He seems more of a midfielder than a full back though. Similar to Bacuna, but much quicker. 

Believe it or not but not every player wants to move to England or play in the premier league hence someone like Dybala rejecting English clubs and wanting to move to Juventus.

I don't blame them, who would want to earn a fortune playing for a club in 15th and never really achieving anything when you could earn a slightly smaller fortune and play in a team that has a glorious history, a chance of winning things and a career that you'll enjoy and look back on with pride.

What I mean by the strange thing is that in purely financial terms, there's not a team in Italy that can compete with Stoke City if it comes down to a bidding war, and that's a little bit nuts.

Guzan

Trippier        Okore          Clark        Willems

Townsend      Grealish        Delph       Sinclair

Ings           Austin     

If we sold benteke for 30mil and have about an extra 20mill to spend that is the team i would make and play a 4-4-2 plenty of pace down the wings with pacey full backs overlapping with a deadly partnership up front.

We would get destroyed with that side

Grealish cannot play in a midfield two

Lol we get destroyed most times anyway to be honest you could always switch out grealish for gardner or sanchez.