Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-join-transfer-chase-5631891

Aston Villa join transfer chase for highly-rated Hull full-back Andrew Robertson
The 22-year-old Scotland international only joined from Dundee last summer but is attracting the attention of a number of top clubs

Andy-Robertson.jpg
He's grrrreat! Robertson is set to leave the Tigers after an impressive debut season

Tim Sherwood is eyeing a summer move for Hull’s highly-rated full-back Andrew Robertson.

Aston Villa boss Sherwood will be given cash to spend if they go on to clinch survival, and is keen to strengthen in several areas.

Scottish international Robertson, 21, has made a huge impression in his first season in the Premier League after joining from Dundee United for £2.85m.

Hull boss Steve Bruce has already admitted they face a struggle to keep Robertson this summer amid interest from the Premier League’s big guns.

The Villans have been watching with interest and are likely to test Hull’s resolve to keep hold of one of their prized assets. But other big clubs are also likely to consider moves for hot property Robertson this summer.

New LB on the cards perhaps??

From what I've seen, Robertson has been pretty decent this season.

I know it's a long shot, but if we win the fa cup and get european football, does anyone think Milner could be tempted by a regular starting place. Wouldn't cost that much more than Cleverley with both being on a free and Milner would be amazing along side Delph in that midfield. He loved it here, and a regular starting place at a team in Europe could persuade him more than a place on the bench at a Champions League team.

I know it's a long shot, but if we win the fa cup and get european football, does anyone think Milner could be tempted by a regular starting place. Wouldn't cost that much more than Cleverley with both being on a free and Milner would be amazing along side Delph in that midfield. He loved it here, and a regular starting place at a team in Europe could persuade him more than a place on the bench at a Champions League team.

Don't think Europa league would be appealing to any player, tbh. 

Milner will get much more money at Liverpool or Arsenal, so he'll most likely end up there. Don't think he'd play much for Arsenal, but at Liverpool he could be really good with Henderson in the middle. 

Forest fan here at work asked me had I heard about a swap deal Gardner for Lansbury.On their forum apparently.

Why the hell do we want to swap a young talent for an ageing actress and fictional detective, unless we need someone to find out where randy has disappeared to!!

Okay I'll get me coat!

• Like 2

People please just stop going on about Milner he will never come back. He has no love or sentiment for us. So he isn't going to give up medals and CL for some fans delusions of the supposed messiah returning. Also he is not a villa legend other than on villatalk. Played his heart for us was class at times bang average at others. LET IT GO !

• Like 2

If Benteke and Vlaar stay and Cleverly and Sinclair, I don't think we need much more aside from a left back and maybe a young goalkeeper to challenge Guzan? 

Milner will go where the money is and that will not be to us. I enjoyed his time with us as I'm sure did Leeds fans before us. But he is unlikely to return to Villa Park unless he does so near the twilight of his playing days in the way Barry was linked with possibly doing before he signed for Everton.  

Would be very happy with Robertson, proper attacking left back.

Milner is going to Liverpool I think.

I would want another player in the midfield, a keeper to rival Guzan and a centre back. I think Okore's done ok but not special, I would also want more security than relying on the injury prone Vlaar and Senderos. Clark has done well this season but I still think it's an area where we can improve.  

Imo we need a new left side, both defender and wide player.

Cissokho is ok but could for sure be improved on. N'Zogbia has improved since Tim came in but just doesn't offer enough if we wan't to fight for a mid table finish.

Depending on what happens with Cleverly who has impressed lately, and Sinclair who im 50/50 about keeping we also need a CM (or 2) and a right flank option.

Also hope we don't offer Vlaar a new contract as i just don't think we can rely on him anymore with his injuries and Jekyll and Hyde performances

As for goalkeeper I doubt we'll get a new one as long as we have Givens massive wages on the books unless out of form Guzan is shipped out.

Hope we don't make the same mistake we did after Lamberts first season when we thought the squad was good enough as it was after the rise in form during the last moths of the season.

You need to spend just to stand still.

Obviously we need to stay up before we can even speculate on ins and outs...

Edited by sne

I should think that Hull wouldn't want to sell Robertson unless they either go down or get more than £10m. I don't see a pressing need for a new keeper, we've seen quite a few keepers this season get dropped but come back stronger. Guzan still has plenty of credit in the bank for all he's done for us plus we've still got a year of Given's expensive contract to pay.

We need a centre half to replace Vlaar, Cleverley and Sinclair to sign, a left back and I'd like another exciting young forward. That Pione Sisto looked exciting but I don't know whether that would ever be a goer.

Cleverley is a given. We should bust a ball to keep him. I'm 50/50 on Sinclair but if the price is right then he comes too.

A left back yes and a centre back to replace Vlaar.

Then I think the big bucks should go on a quick striker to succeed Gabby. I think he will make an excellent 2nd/3rd choice, but having somebody next to Benteke who can do everything Gabby does and also chip in with a few more goals would make such a big difference to us.

People please just stop going on about Milner he will never come back. He has no love or sentiment for us. So he isn't going to give up medals and CL for some fans delusions of the supposed messiah returning. Also he is not a villa legend other than on villatalk. Played his heart for us was class at times bang average at others. LET IT GO !

Why should we let it go? This is the thread to speculate and fantasise in. Perhaps you should let it go and stop deluding yourself that this thread isn't.

If Benteke and Vlaar stay and Cleverly and Sinclair, I don't think we need much more aside from a left back and maybe a young goalkeeper to challenge Guzan? 

yeah I agree with this too, we have Gardner coming back and Kozak from injury so squad doesn't look too bad

Milner traded up at the first opportunity.

Delph stayed with us when things were bad, and when he could have signed for a club much higher and for a big signing on fee.

• Like 2