Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 15/08/2020 at 01:03, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pedro Mendes.

Ex-Portsmouth and Rangers.

F*** Ben Thatcher. Probably the worst 'tackle' i've ever seen on a football pitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to a swedish podcast called When we were kings. It's about different football clubs or national teams successfull seasons, like when wimbledon won the FA cup, etc. Really good podcast. Anyway, listening to it there are more than a few players popping up that I'd completely forgotten about. Like these:

Guti (I know, he was rather good but kind of disappeared as a name when they started their "Galacticos" era.)

Georgy Kinkladze

Andreas Jakobsson (Swedish CD playing for southampton '03-'04)

Torben Piechnik (Also forgot that former Villa hero Kent Nielsen was part of the danish national team that won the EC in Sweden '92.)

And many more.

21 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Lewis Holtby.

Had to look it up after I heard his name on the EFL show yesterday, he’s playing for Blackburn now! 

I still remember the clamour to sign him at the time, and even after the time when it was obvious he was absolute pap. Such a nothing football, made less impact on games than Conor.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Saw Christian Maggio will still be playing in Serie A at age of 38 for Benevento this season, was a fantastic wing back for Napoli a decade ago, was a beast on FIFA.

Pretty sure he was linked with Villa under Lambert or McLeish. Bit if a Doherty he needs a system to suit him 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not a case of forgetting, but I literally only just realised that James McArthur and James McCarthy aren't the same person. I just had no idea.

I think many managers are in the same boat as thats why they are always signed together 😜

Edited by Zatman

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

What's the deal with Ravel Morrison? He's 27 now but a quick look at his Wikipedia profile reveals that he's barely played at all throughout his entire career.

And probably very well off compared to a large proportion of the nation. This is where footballers wages are incredibly questionable. 

Â