2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Nah, that is still "not everything is so black and white".

It's not overused when it's relevant to so many threads. ;)

Although to be fair the old "how far we've fallen line" gets trotted out 100 times more.

When these phrases are no longer seen it will either be because we're a half decent team again or because there is an all round acceptance of no longer being a big club. Hope it's not the latter.

To me a uk based buyer is now more likley. The idea of a foreign investor coming in and pumping in loads of money to makes us CL is fraught with problems - not only FFP - but that the big 4 are so far ahead of us now....

To me the people who are are now likley to be intersted in buying Aston Villa are wealthy supporters - who can raise money via a consortuim - on the one hand they wouldn't have millions - but on the other they may run us better which feasibly has to be our best hope ......

Nicholas Padfield lead such a consortuim last time - and is still a regular at Villa Park

Howard Hodgson - is another who may possibly lead a consortuim

Or as others have suggested Tom Fox may have some contacts - although that seems a long shot IMO....

Just because new owners might reside in the UK doesn't mean to say they'll be skint or anything, there are plenty of people and groups based there, with a lot of money.

Edited by useless

On the subject of being a Man City MK II & the plastics it would inevitably attract,

i would say i'd be a little embarrassed in one way, as a fan who started to support this club when it was in division 3 in the 70's (surely the polar opposite of a plastic fan?), but then i also think that to be competitive in 2015 onwards you have to have a large Worldwide fan base to provide sufficient income to enable the club to be competitive on the World stage, as in competing in the Champions League etc. Otherwise with FFP (Financial Foul Play as i call it) there is no possibility whatsoever for any sustained success. So i think the time has come to move with the times, embrace the change needed to allow this club to move on!

I'm a great believer that if you don't move with the times you get left behind very quickly, i'll give computers as an example. Many people say things like "Oh i never use those computer things" and then proceed to give 100 reasons why they're a bad thing & thats fine... but they will get left behind and i've seen them lose their jobs and get forgotten about very quickly as a result!!

We are at a similar juncture with regards to what is required to be competitive in football, in fact i'd say we are already lagging well behind because sadly whilst all this change was going on we had a certain Doug Ellis in charge and we fell far, far behind with antiquated thinking being nowhere near enough to keep the club competitive, Lerner came in and found out that the gap was already too big for him, a Billionaire, and the only way we can catch up is with a much more savvy Billionaire who can compete with the wealth of clubs like Liverpool & Arsenal & Spurs at the very least.

I cannot see any way otherwise to move forwards as you simply end up building a team then lose all your players to higher bidders!..A treading water situation which is what we've had for 35 years now!

So bring on the Man City mkII for me & i'll welcome the "Plastics" & overseas growth that'll bring because us genuine fans will still be there regardless and we'll know who we are ;)

• Like 3

As much as i want us to be succesfull, id hate to see glory hunters flock to AVFC

Plastic fans is the worst thing i know.

I couldn't care less if it meant we were a top team again.
This.

**** being Man City Mk. II tbh.

For those who don't want to see the best players in the world, title winning seasons and champions league games at Villa Park. Not to mention the best youth facilities in the country and a structure in place to create their own brand of football and talented players as well as making the club a worldwide brand producing massive amounts of revenue.

I wouldn't worry to much as FFP will make sure this will never happen. so you can relax and continue to enjoy relegation battles and maybe one day consistent mid table success again.

Imagine if there was a middle ground between being the next Man City and continuing relegation battles?

Also the both of them have connections to Cain Hoy Enterprises who are said to have tried to buy Tottenham and who's main main Jonathon Goldstein is a Tottenham fan. Maybe that's where the Sherwood connection comes from.

They fit the bill as being a UK based company but with US connections as well via Silverman and Boehly..

Edited by useless

Give me a Russian despot or an Arab oil man any day of the week to be fair. I've done my time.

P.S. we really haven't fallen very far at all.

I think I disagree with the idea of a sugar daddy

I don't want us ending up like Man City. Playing in a historyless bowl named after an airline with empty seats at champions league matches. I'd much rather be in southamptons shoes. 

be southampton who win nothing and miss out on champions league or be city and play in CL and win silverware hmm i wonder which i would choose!

I think you kinda missed the point I was making. 

I just don't want us picking up a load of plastic fans. I hate Chelsea and City. I don't want to become them. 

be southampton who win nothing and miss out on champions league or be city and play in CL and win silverware hmm i wonder which i would choose!

I think you kinda missed the point I was making. 

I just don't want us picking up a load of plastic fans. I hate Chelsea and City. I don't want to become them. 

You don't want success for the club that you support? 

Â