2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

As much as i want us to be succesfull, id hate to see glory hunters flock to AVFC

Plastic fans is the worst thing i know.

I couldn't care less if it meant we were a top team again.

This.

Could be an exciting summer, if we stay up and get to final of f.a cup there will be alot of positivity about the place

That sentence is just so terribly sad on how far we have fallen for acceptence.

• Like 2

Could be an exciting summer, if we stay up and get to final of f.a cup there will be alot of positivity about the place

The one bit yes but being as we have only reached one FA Cup final in 57 years the other bit isn't. 

The one bit yes but being as we have only reached one FA Cup final in 57 years the other bit isn't.

Means nothing unless you win it though pal.

No one remembers the semi finalists or the runners up for that matter, so I won't mention the 2000 FA Cup final.

Edited by Kingman

Means nothing unless you win it though pal.

No one remembers the semi finalists or the runners up for that matter, so I won't mention the 2000 FA Cup final.

We would remember it though, and it would be the first positive thing we've had to remember for a very long time.

This has got to be the most overused phrase on VT.

• Like 1

Don't know if anybody can confirm it but apparently NBC Sport in the U.S are reporting a $220,000,000 sale now

The are just quoting the Moxley report from what I can see. Changed the £150m figure into dollars.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/29/report-aston-villa-owner-randy-lerner-set-to-sell-team-to-uk-group/

Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group
Kyle Bonn Mar 29, 2015, 8:13 AM EDT
Leave a comment
Lerner
Getty Images
There’s nothing new in an Aston Villa sale report, but this one has a twist.

According to Neil Moxley of the Sunday People, a sale agreement has reached an advanced stage as a UK-based ownership group prepares to acquire a majority stake in the club.

As much as i want us to be succesfull, id hate to see glory hunters flock to AVFC

Plastic fans is the worst thing i know.

I couldn't care less if it meant we were a top team again.

This.

**** being Man City Mk. II tbh.

• Like 1

Give me owners who can buy better players so we can at least challenge for a Europa League place every year and not have to worry about relegation. Maybe a new North Stand too, and filled in corners. 

Hopefully with an English owner, the stadium won't be renamed...

• Like 1

Think a people are in minority who don't want a Manchester City type take-over!! I reckon at least 90% of Villa fans would favour this type of take-over!

Football lost it's soul when the Premiership was formed. We may attract glory hunters but who cares was other fans think..

I agree with Vive_La_Villa

I'll worry about the answer to that when the day arrives....until then i will just busy my thoughts on us trying to get best players for the money we have....that would be a start.

• Like 1

**** being Man City Mk. II tbh.

My view is that most people who claim this (or use the whole 'lose our soul' angle) are really just comforting themselves that we are also-rans devoid of any ambition. I find it difficult to genuinely believe that anyone on here would be up in arms if we were a regular top-four side and winning titles simply because we had Arab owners, a sponsored stadium and some newfound glory-hunting fans.

You are entitled to your view, of course. But it's wrong as it applies to me, for one. we have been terrible for too long. I want to see us competing with anybody. But I don't want us to be nothing more than the best team money can buy. when wins are completely expected given the inequity, they mean less. When was the last time man city invaded the pitch?

I can beat 5 year olds arm wrestling or chess or football, pretty easily, but the wins don't really mean that much.

• Like 1

Nah, that is still "not everything is so black and white".

It's not overused when it's relevant to so many threads. ;)

Although to be fair the old "how far we've fallen line" gets trotted out 100 times more.

You are entitled to your view, of course. But it's wrong as it applies to me, for one. we have been terrible for too long. I want to see us competing with anybody. But I don't want us to be nothing more than the best team money can buy. when wins are completely expected given the inequity, they mean less. When was the last time man city invaded the pitch?

I can beat 5 year olds arm wrestling or chess or football, pretty easily, but the wins don't really mean that much.

Interesting reasoning, certainly not a viewpoint that I've come across before. What I would say is that even with a transformation courtesy of oil money, it would never result in the sort of all encompassing dominance you envisage.

Chelsea were the original gamechanging takeover club and they've managed three titles in eleven [full] seasons of Mr. Abramovic's ownership. City have two in six seasons since the takeover. Ultimately you don't simply stroll through the Premier League, which is why we are yet to see a side win the league with 100 points - as happens in certain other leagues.

So even if we did emulate the likes of City, any titles/trophies we win would be an achievement. Alas, it's all hypothetical obviously given the FFP rules.

It's not overused when it's relevant to so many threads. ;)

Although to be fair the old "how far we've fallen line" gets trotted out 100 times more.

I was primarily intending to be humorous with that but come to think of it, usage of the 'black and white' line has receded since Lambert's sacking. Your original claim stands :)

Edited by Isa

Â