2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

@mickey102

Lol you obviously have more faith in human beings than myself. After a woeful season and a horrible end to the season I can imagine the club trying to put some good news out there to try take people's minds off how shit we are and stop them thinking ' I ain't buying a season ticket for that shit again'. Weren't the season ticket deadlines all within the supposed exclusivity period? While people are weighing up getting a season ticket do you not think the news that we could have new owners would help convince some folk to renew rather than knowing for a fact that it was gonna be Lerner in charge and more of the same?

Edited by Bunnski

I didn't expect a takeover to happen and rightly or wrongly I'm not that fussed that Randy is still here. There's a little bit of the ghost at the feast about him, but I suspect his heart is in the right place.

I feel confident in Tim, Tom and Paddy to do a good job here. Based purely on reading Tim's interview, he doesn't appear too downbeat and he certainly didn't appear anxious for change when he made that bet.

If Tim's positive & relaxed, I'm positive & relaxed.

• Like 1

This is the line that makes me think somthing may still happen “I’m not sure if anyone is too close now.“Until it’s done it’s never there.”

yeah, very cryptic statement, not sure what to make of it

• Like 1

Oh dear. We'll limp on for another wasted season then.

I just can't see us achieving anything substantial under a Lerner ownership. We've had our chances to finish top 4 and win major trophies under him and blown all those opportunities.

I wonder what on earth he's demanding in these deals for two to collapse within 122 months. Either that or the books have something worrying in them.

Like it or not, WBA are a decent yardstick now if they get taken over for a similar price.

I just can't see us achieving anything substantial under a Lerner ownership. We've had our chances to finish top 4 and win major trophies under him and blown all those opportunities.

I wonder what on earth he's demanding in these deals for two to collapse within 122 months. Either that or the books have something worrying in them.

Like it or not, WBA are a decent yardstick now if they get taken over for a similar price.

Believe me chap, our team will be lucky to be taken over and have a change of fortunes. We need a Mansour, but its very unlikely, so I think at the moment personally im happy with Lerner. At least we know we won't do a Portsmouth or even a QPR under his ownership

• Like 1

My take away is that the consortium who were closest to buying us have pulled out of the deal but there are still others interested.

I'm sure there's a hell of a lot of people who are interested. It's meaningless though. 

YEah, I'm interested...you heard it first here ITK.

• Like 1

@bunnski

Fair enough I can see your point, but I don't agree. I don't know anyone who would be swayed by a rumour. Yes an actual takeover or a big signing may have swayed people but I can't see a rumour doing so, even if the club had wanted it to change minds.

@mickey102

Lol you obviously have more faith in human beings than myself. After a woeful season and a horrible end to the season I can imagine the club trying to put some good news out there to try take people's minds off how shit we are and stop them thinking ' I ain't buying a season ticket for that shit again'. Weren't the season ticket deadlines all within the supposed exclusivity period? While people are weighing up getting a season ticket do you not think the news that we could have new owners would help convince some folk to renew rather than knowing for a fact that it was gonna be Lerner in charge and more of the same?

Then those people are dumb **** and they deserve the disappointment that's come to them. NOBODY said it was a done deal. If they bought season tickets just on the basis that exclusivity was granted then more the fool them. They only had to pick up a copy of Mergers and Acquisitions for Dummies to know that the deal isn't done at that stage.

Fair play for them, though, for putting money into the club, but if people have done it based on those stories then they are truly dumb bastards.

• Like 2

IF there's not a takeover this summer I'll be a bit disappointed but as long as we get investment I don't care who's money it is. Sherwood has shown enough for me to think we will do ok next season.

• Like 1

Believe me chap, our team will be lucky to be taken over and have a change of fortunes. We need a Mansour, but its very unlikely, so I think at the moment personally im happy with Lerner. At least we know we won't do a Portsmouth or even a QPR under his ownership

The thing is though even with new ownership I wouldn't be demanding the owner spends 100m in a futile attempt to finish 4th-6th.

I'd be happy to finish top 10 and actually build something again that isn't based on sand like the MON era. Then after 2 years of doing that with hopefully a decent squad and more importantly a proper club infrastructure we could then look at the top end of the table again.

Surely it's a misconception you have to spend ridiculous amounts to compete properly, teams like Stoke and Swansea seem to be doing fine and outperforming us every season on smallish budgets.

Am I the only one who isnt that bothered by this news? For every sugar daddy there are 9 disastrous takeovers. We're not going to win the league so I'd rather have a chairman that at least wont let us get liquidated.

That's the dream now? 3 cheers for Randy because we won't go bust?

"The Dream?" Hahahahahahahah. 

Hahahahaha

Hahaha

:crylaugh:

Â