Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

3-1 Swansea. Don't be fooled. Their a good side. Dyer always plays well against us.

Okay so let's give up!

If we play like the 1st half against Sunderland then they will not live with us.

Never give in before a ball has been kicked, we may well lose this but under Sherwood we aren't rolling over.

We can win this but it will be a harder test than the last 3 games have been. Already looking forward to it.

I'd take a draw !

Are you serious? Aston villa should always beat teams like Swansea. We're a much bigger club than them. 

We're at home, anything other than a win is unacceptable.

Edited by villalad21

Swansea are a decent side. On paper though for me they are certainly no better than us and they are probably over achieving in terms of their league position and points total where have we have underachieved.

Given we are at home, in front of what is likely to be a large and vocal crowd, are on a good run of form both in terms of results and performances, are playing with confidence and also a mentality that we are desperate for the points to pull away from the bottom then I think we are more likely to win this. I am going for us winning by a two goal margin.

• Like 4

New territory for us fans, old villa would give us optimism then break our hearts. New villa, has won three on the bounce, I think this will be 4, and if it isn't it won't be from lack of trying.

If we win this it'd be the first time we've won three league games on the trot for five years

2009 i think

• Swansea City have lost just one of their seven Barclays Premier League meetings with Aston Villa (W3 D3 L1). 
  • Christian Benteke has scored in two of his three Premier League appearances against Swansea City. 
  • Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in two of his last three Premier League appearances against Swansea City. 
  • Aston Villa ended a run of six home Premier League games without a win (W0 D3 L3) with victory last time out against West Brom. 
  • Swansea's last three Premier League away wins have all been by a 1-0 scoreline. 
  • All six of Gabriel Agbonlahor's Premier League goals this season have come inside the opening 37 minutes. 
  • Villa have scored more goals in their last two Premier League matches (6) than they managed in the previous 13 (5). 
  • Aston Villa have scored the highest proportion of first half goals in the top division this season (79%). 
  • No Villa manager has won three Premier League games in a row since Martin O'Neill in April 2010. 
  • Only Everton (17) have dropped more points from winning positions than Swansea City this season (16) 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-swansea/winner

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see if Tim changes back to the diamond formation, sticks with the attacking 4-4-2 or goes for three CMs.

I think he has big enough balls to stick with last week's system, hit them hard from the start. It would be a shame to drop anyone from last week so I think we'll see the same faces lining up.

Get the first goal and I think we can take them. I say 2-1 to us, but it will be the toughest game yet

Well, like the past couple of games, i'm feeling incredibly confident about tomorrow. A win would be absolutely huge. If we press Swansea high up the pitch I really think we could score a couple of early goals. However, positivity doesn't suit me.

3-0 to Swansea. 

Haha they seem to hate us don't they, pathetic little club.

Calling Villa Park a "sh*t ground" is just demonstrably incorrect, as anyone with eyes ears and half a brain would tell you

We are on a high. Three points are very realistic but a draw would be all right.

Yeah, as long as i don't see the word "BUMP" over in the Ratings & Reactions Thread later ill be Happy!