Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I always thought Swansea fans quite liked us after the way our away fans paid tribute to Gary Speed. Had no idea they hated us so much. Bit of a weird one that. Shit ground? Really?  :lol:

Don't mind Swansea personally. I'm feeling confident about beating them though. 

Would go 4-3-3 in this one.

Haha they seem to hate us don't they, pathetic little club.

As I said, those comments were cherry-picked. There were some nice comments, too.

I always thought Swansea fans quite liked us after the way our away fans paid tribute to Gary Speed. ...

I think many still do ...

It's always a bit of an unpleasant surprise to discover that another club we've no real nasty history with have so many fans who despise us. But then again, don't most fans just generally dislike other clubs in their division? Apart from Burnley, to whom I am fairly indifferent, my feelings for all other premier league clubs range from a strong dislike to an overpowering, visceral loathing.

Anyway, already both eagerly anticipating this and getting intensely nervous when I let my mind dwell on the prospects for the next game.

Swansea are a decent side and I have concerns about how our defence will hold up to the kind of movement and attacking interplay they're capable of. Even the mackems carved through us twice in the last 15 minutes or so in a game we completely dominated. On the other hand we look much more potent up front and have goal threats from a number of sources, with options to change things up as well.

I fancy us to come out trying to take the game to them with pace and harrying again, but have a nasty feeling we'll go a goal down in the first half as we meet a team better able to cope with this.

Really find it hard to pick a result here. I was very bullish about the mackems result (and actually only the post keeping out Fletcher's shot prevented my prediction being spot on :) ), but I'm a bit more pessimistic here. Fancy us to struggle to come from a goal down quite early on, or to be frustrated by a better organised side than those we've beat under TS so far. A good test this. Bring it!

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin
  • Like 2

Haha they seem to hate us don't they, pathetic little club.

As I said, those comments were cherry-picked. There were some nice comments, too.

I always thought Swansea fans quite liked us after the way our away fans paid tribute to Gary Speed. ...

I think many still do ...

Yeah true they have been cherry picked. I still find it funny how they find Villa park is shit. I do like their passing football especially when they were under Laudrup. Still a small club mind.
  • Like 1

Swansea will like the open spaces though so don't think all out attack is the smartest strategy for this.

Glyfi Sigurdsson is excellent for them just off the striker so I'd put Cleverley with his energy right on him.

Don't rate Gomis that much, think Okore and Clark can nulify him.

They seem to fall to pieces if you can unsettle their midfield defensive base and trip them up a bit. They start losing possession, missing passes, giving away free kicks, etc etc. I feel someone like Jack Grealish would be really good at harrying them, but I don't know if he's back or will be given a chance.

Edited by Plastic Man

This is a must not lose game but a win would be very acceptable which is what I thought about our last game.  :)

Burnley's unexpected win and the run of games we have to come after this one does lead me to think that 3 points would give us some distance on the bottom 4 and it is better we get another 3 wins sooner rather than later. It would also be nice to keep the winning run going!

For me Hutton needs to come back. But Bacuna also deserves a start somewhere given the quality of service he provided to our forwards on Saturday.    

I think Gary Monk is a good, up and coming, young manager who plays football the right way, they've got some excellent players even without Bony, I think that Naughton and Sigurdsson are superb, I was surprised when Spurs let them go, I would've taken either at villa but I suppose they are out of our price range. That said, I think we have some momentum and that will continue on Saturday- 2-1 Villa Benteke and Sinclair to scor

• Like 1

I think Gary Monk is a good, up and coming, young manager who plays football the right way, they've got some excellent players even without Bony, I think that Naughton and Sigurdsson are superb, I was surprised when Spurs let them go, I would've taken either at villa but I suppose they are out of our price range. That said, I think we have some momentum and that will continue on Saturday- 2-1 Villa Benteke and Sinclair to scor

I think Swansea can be beaten, they seem to struggle with the way Sherwood has us playing at the moment. If you get in their faces and have a high tempo they genrally make a lot of mistakes due to their style of play

I always thought Swansea fans quite liked us after the way our away fans paid tribute to Gary Speed. Had no idea they hated us so much. Bit of a weird one that. Shit ground? Really?   :lol:

:crylaugh: I can only attribute those comments to jealousy and bitterness, unfortunately that sort of mentality runs rife at small clubs with no history or class. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

I think Gary Monk is a good, up and coming, young manager

Who always looks like he never quite gets the amount of sleep he needs

Garry+Monk+Everton+v+Swansea+City+Premie

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3