Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

First goal is important. I think only the Leicester home game in the league is the only time we've taken sonething having gone behind. We've taken the lead in the last 3 and managed to win all 3.

Will be difficult, theyve been a good side for a while tbf. Were unlucky against plop the other night. Hopefully we can stay solid at the back and let those deadly duo upfront take care of bidness. Win will be huge.

• Like 1

Gabby and Benteke are in form, either can score for us now and going on what's happened the last three games I fancy us to score at least once. Swansea are a good side without Bony, I think they'll score from a set piece - so min 1-1 - but with a bit of luck 2-1 us. That would be 4 in a row. Would be a hell of an acheievment by Sherwood.

• Like 1

swansea is a pretty hard team to beat, but i recon we should with some luck, be able to beat them. this and the next couple of games should be interesting as we get to see how sherwood handles against better teams

• Like 1

I don't think this is a must win at all. With the new confidence we can get results against anyone. However, we can, and will, lose some too. Then the players need Tim again, but I believe he'll sort their heads again.

I'm positive about this game, hoping for a win. Sinclair will be key.

I'm sure Sherwood said something about Bacuna being a right-midfielder playing fullback, even though none of us really know Bacuna's best position still.

If Sherwood thinks he's a right midfielder, so wonder if he'll play Lowton and Hutton in defence, and push Bacuna further forward? The question is, who would you drop to move Bacuna forward?

Despite Sinclair's miss, I still think him, Gabby, Benteke and Zog have been in good form since Sherwood took over. But maybe Sinclair will drop out, with Bacuna being our extra man in midfield to combat Swansea's style of play?

Guzan

Hutton Clark Okore Lowton

Bacuna. Cleverley Delph

N'Zogbia Benteke Gabby

Maybe?

Personally, I'd be happy with the calls to keep the same eleven.

First goal is important. I think only the Leicester home game in the league is the only time we've taken sonething having gone behind. We've taken the lead in the last 3 and managed to win all 3.

Will be difficult, theyve been a good side for a while tbf. Were unlucky against plop the other night. Hopefully we can stay solid at the back and let those deadly duo upfront take care of bidness. Win will be huge.

We took the lead against Stoke.

The bloke that played on the left wing for Swansea when we last played them ( yeah i know i cant remember his name ) ripped Hutton to shreds , so maybe Bacuna with the extra pace could be the better match against him . 

I'd also go with an extra midfielder in this match .

Swansea are no great shakes away from home with 15 points all season compared to our 14 away. It's an even game and with the form we are on and an extra days rest you'd hope we could win this.

• Like 1

Watching the highlights of the 2-0 win against Swansea at VP 3 seasons ago, our squad was so different to now.

Ireland, Lichaj, Bannan, Holman.. It seems like much longer than 3 seasons ago that they were with us!

The bloke that played on the left wing for Swansea when we last played them ( yeah i know i cant remember his name ) ripped Hutton to shreds , so maybe Bacuna with the extra pace could be the better match against him .

I'd also go with an extra midfielder in this match .

Montero I believe. He also caused Okore quite a few problems as well as winning the free kick that won them the much iirc.
  • Like 1

I'm happy to say that I'd leave the ream selection formation and tactics to Sir Tim Lord of Aston Manor.

He appears to know what he's doing.

3 pts would be fantastic

1 pt I'd be happy with.

if Swansea just happen to be better on the day and we gave a good account of ourselves I wouldnt be too upset, disappointed, but not angry.