Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I always thought Swansea fans quite liked us after the way our away fans paid tribute to Gary Speed. Had no idea they hated us so much. Bit of a weird one that. Shit ground? Really? :lol:

:crylaugh: I can only attribute those comments to jealousy and bitterness, unfortunately that sort of mentality runs rife at small clubs with no history or class.

Swansea do come across as a classy club to be fair. A few posts on a forum shouldn't disparage the club overall. I consider them one of the more likeable clubs in the division.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Liverpool won tonight thanks to a lucky goal, but if Swansea come out and play like they did in that first half, we'll do well to get something out of the game.

They did look tired in the second half though, so hopefully we can stretch the play with our pace and wear them out.

Swansea are a bit hit and miss really.

One week they beat Southampton 1-0 away and the next they draw 1-1 at home to Sunderland.

Then they beat Man. United 2-1 at home and then lose meekly 2-0 at West Brom.

They have quite a secure defensive unit but are missing a goal threat big time with Bony gone, Gomis isn't on the same level and they have little in reserve. Also interesting Monk left Dyer and Montero on the bench tonight although that could be just to match Liverpool's midfield.

What it does show is you don't need amazing form to finish in the top 10 as Swansea will comfortably do this season. You can be pretty inconsistant and still have a good season so that's something we should aim for once we survive this season.

One of the disparaging guys in that list of quotes from a Swansea forum mentions 'turning the clock back and going to Highfield Road.' That to me, sounds like an embittered Coventry Vermin fan who has switched allegience after their spectacular tumble down the leagues. And every club has it's lady's privates at supporters...  

And talking of turning the clock back - I was at The Vetch Field for FA Cup 1st round day in 1993 when the mighty Nuneaton Borough earned a well deserved 1-1 draw. Then went on to beat Swansea in the replay at the much missed Manor Park Nuneaton on penalties after extra time. Richard 'Ssfe As Houses' Attwood, the goalkeeping hero. Nuneaton then went on to draw away at Dean Court in the 2nd round, losing the replay back in Nuneaton...

Now look where both clubs are... Been a long hard road for them.

No axe to grind from me with Swansea at all. Apart from that embittered little word removed Coventry fan in their forum. I'd give him a slippering.

Up The Villa then - difficult game to call. I just don't know what to expect here in this one. At some point our mini-bubble will burst. The prospect of winning four consecutive games is a big shiny carrot that we have to go for. We really could have done with Burnley losing last Saturday...

One of the disparaging guys in that list of quotes from a Swansea forum mentions 'turning the clock back and going to Highfield Road.' That to me, sounds like an embittered Coventry Vermin fan who has switched allegience after their spectacular tumble down the leagues.

He backed up his comment about not wanting to go to Villa Park with this gem

Why would you even want to go there!?. As far as proper away grounds go, save you money for Arsenal!.

A brand new, soulless, corporate bowl is a "proper" away ground.

A ground that has existed for nearly 120 years isn't a "proper" ground.

Good one.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

One of the disparaging guys in that list of quotes from a Swansea forum mentions 'turning the clock back and going to Highfield Road.' That to me, sounds like an embittered Coventry Vermin fan who has switched allegience after their spectacular tumble down the leagues.

He backed up his comment about not wanting to go to Villa Park with this gem

Why would you even want to go there!?. As far as proper away grounds go, save you money for Arsenal!.

A brand new, soulless, corporate bowl is a "proper" away ground.

A ground that has existed for nearly 120 years isn't a "proper" ground.

Good one.

Those people are the exceptions though. From what I can tell, the VAST majority of Swans fans are really excited about coming to Villa park and having a look around the area.

• Like 1

I think Gary Monk is a good, up and coming, young manager

Who always looks like he never quite gets the amount of sleep he needs

Garry+Monk+Everton+v+Swansea+City+Premie

Looks like he's been jogging behind a gritter!

• Like 1

Same team as against Sunderland I think.

I would keep Bacuna and Lowton at fullbacks, both have been great although playing out of position, and I think we should be going into this game with intention of dominating as far as possible. Also, Bacuna was a major attacking threat against Sunderland, working well with Zog, so we can't break up that combo. 

Hutton and Cissohko can wait until Man Utd for their return, when we may require a more solid base.

If we score first, we will win. If we concede first, we will draw I think.

Regardless, I think we will score, which is something I never felt confident about pre-Sherwood.

Come on Tim!

• Like 1

definitely a feel good vibe around the club and fans at the moment and the confidence must be high but I just can't see us winning 4 on the bounce.

2-2 I'm going to go for but fingers crossed another rocking villa park and Swansea not really having much to play for plays into our hands

• Like 1