Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

This one is somewhat of a must win too, because the rest of the fixtures are going to be very hard. I think VP will be full, loud and we should win it. 3-0

UTV!

Reckon we might see some tactical changes? 

Both West Brom and Sunderland aren't really known for pace. Sherwood said in his post match interview today that he was focussing on pace. I think we might need to try something else for this one.

Main question: Who will be the fullbacks? 

Reckon we might see some tactical changes? 

Both West Brom and Sunderland aren't really known for pace. Sherwood said in his post match interview today that he was focussing on pace. I think we might need to try something else for this one.

Main question: Who will be the fullbacks? 

no full backs

ATTACK!

Think the game plan will be tweaked, West Brom and Sunderland gave us far more time on the ball than Swansea would. Still fancy a win if we play well, but tempering that with a bit of caution (and the unavoidable Shelvey wonder goal) I'll happily settle for a point.

I think this game will prove if we have really moved forward or not. Hopefully Swansea will not bring us back down to earth, they are not world beaters at the moment so I would want at the very least a draw out of this one,

3 points and I think we are almost safe.

1 point not the end of the world but wouldnt be to great either.

0 points would be horrible. United City and Spurs to follow (although Tim will want us to batter Spurs)

Can't call this one. Going to be tight.

I think we will find this game a lot harder than the previous two. Swansea know how to keep possession and aren't as slow as SUFC and WBA. I think we'll draw this one, but please can we win it?

A sampling (admittedly cherry-picked) of recent Swansea City forums ...

Aston Villa Away on 22:37 - Mar 3 with 770 views ImAlrightJack
Hope you guys do that, as I won't ever be at that joke of a ground , filled with toss**s constantly living off a European Cup they won while Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet were in the charts....

Aston Villa Away on 10:30 - Mar 4 with 678 views swanskid95

Not sure if anybody remembers but a Swansea fan apparently stabbed a Villa fan outside a pub near villa park last season, remember seeing a few Swans fans getting a rested, Villa fans went crazy over social media calling us murderers ect that night.

Aston Villa Away on 10:41 - Mar 15 with 44 views LeonisGod
Aston Villa Away on 01:20 - Mar 15 by builthjack
2-0 to us 

Hope so. Get stuck into them and they still look shaky at the back. I just hope Garry doesn't look at their pace and decide to camp us on the edge of our 18 yd box again.

Aston Villa Away on 22:03 - Mar 3 with 778 views ImAlrightJack
I wouldn't go there if you paid me.  

Sh*t ground and fans. Would rather turn the clock back and visit highfield road.

Aston Villa Away on 22:08 - Mar 3 with 761 views ImAlrightJack
Aston Villa Away on 22:04 - Mar 3 by builthjack
Sounds like you have history with them 

Well, I can't stand their constant escapes from relegation threats and one of their supporters stalked one of my best friends for 3 years. He did this with constant text messages with no replies amongst other methods.  

Also, David Cameron and Prince William are Villaites.

So there you go ...

Edited by Plastic Man

Swansea like to play decent football, and will look to expose the space we leave them.

I think it will be quite an open game, but they're definitely better on the ball than West Brom and Sunderland, so we'll need to keep our wits about us. I think our momentum will get us a point, but hopefully we can nick all 3.

A sampling (admittedly cherry-picked) of recent Swansea City forums ...

Aston Villa Away on 22:37 - Mar 3 with 770 views ImAlrightJack

Hope you guys do that, as I won't ever be at that joke of a ground , filled with toss**s constantly living off a European Cup they won while Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet were in the charts....

Aston Villa Away on 10:30 - Mar 4 with 678 views swanskid95

Not sure if anybody remembers but a Swansea fan apparently stabbed a Villa fan outside a pub near villa park last season, remember seeing a few Swans fans getting a rested, Villa fans went crazy over social media calling us murderers ect that night.

Aston Villa Away on 10:41 - Mar 15 with 44 views LeonisGod

Aston Villa Away on 01:20 - Mar 15 by builthjack

2-0 to us

Hope so. Get stuck into them and they still look shaky at the back. I just hope Garry doesn't look at their pace and decide to camp us on the edge of our 18 yd box again.

Aston Villa Away on 22:03 - Mar 3 with 778 views ImAlrightJack

I wouldn't go there if you paid me.

Sh*t ground and fans. Would rather turn the clock back and visit highfield road.

Aston Villa Away on 22:08 - Mar 3 with 761 views ImAlrightJack

Aston Villa Away on 22:04 - Mar 3 by builthjack

Sounds like you have history with them

Well, I can't stand their constant escapes from relegation threats and one of their supporters stalked one of my best friends for 3 years. He did this with constant text messages with no replies amongst other methods.

Also, David Cameron and Prince William are Villaites.

So there you go ...

Lol Says the fans of arguably the smallest club in the league. Shit ground? Have they seen their own stadium. Shit fans? Swansea probably have the worst away following in the league. I guess they think having a rocket polisher with a drum makes a good home atmosphere!! TBF fans of most other premier league clubs hate Villa. No idea why!!

• Like 2