• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

he was jumping up and down with a mob of them at the end there, far from scary

Don't you understand? He could have been killed! The scenes at the end were disgraceful - I say we bring back capital punishment and execute the lot or maybe get the RAF to carpet bomb VP. Clearly what happened last night will go down as one of the most disgraceful acts in human history.

**** off BBC you words removed.

sad days when passion is mistaken for criminality

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Given - 7: Good early save - did well all round

Bacuna - 6: Slow start, but improved in the second half

Okore - 8: Heroic

Clark - 7: Typically solid

Delph - 7: Great goal and was the heart of the midfield

Westwood - 7: His enthusiasm and effort is infectious

Cleverly - 7: Starting to like him more and more

Sinclair -8: Edged Okore as my MOM, never gave up and got his reward

Zog - 7: Hopefully he's starting to shut up the doubters of which I was one

Gabby - 7: The old man of Villa has awoken

Subs:

Gresford 7: Looked lively and should never have been sent off!

Sanchez 6: Few misplaced passes followed by good shift

Gil: Too little time to rate but did put in one good run

Ref: Two sendings off that were both utterly wrong!

Fans: 0 - Not all fans obviously, just the dumb minority

Sherwood - 8: Like him or loathe him, he's definitely got something we were lacking

After what we've had to put up with over the last 5 or so years its understandable the fans would get carried away at the end. It's no big deal.

Absolutely brilliant day. Great second half performance from the lads! Wembley here we come!!!!

In fairness, when the bbc said someone could've been killed in pretty sure it was in relation to the scum chucking broken up seats onto our fans! (Atleast when I saw Phillips say that this morning), and they did do real damage to some people judging by the photos on twitter!

That is the issue the media should be highlighting, if anything takes it back to the 80s, that was it, not a bunch of fans celebrating after 5 years of misery!

Finally saw the highlights and these are my thoughts:

1. Overall a very good performance. Tim Sherwood has got this team playing beyond all recognition from the Lamber era! This is all very positive and football is finally enjoyable again. I enjoy Sherwood's interviews as well and I like the fact he has brought a bit of swagger to the club and to the players and you can see the confidence building. I hope we can keep it up.
  2. I thought Scott Sinclair looked very, very good indeed. We need to sign this guy up ASAP. He has come in from barely playing any football and yet he has been a standout performed. Get a few games under his belt and he will be a brilliant player for us at a bargain price.
  3. Ref - I do rate Anthony Taylor as a referee but he had a bad game. WBA red was never a red and I can only think he must have thought that he jumped into the challenge more than he actually did. Now as for Grealish, I didn't even see what the first yellow was for but I do actually think the second yellow was justified. To me, it looked like a dive. He didn't need to go down at all, his reaction was a bit delayed and before he knew he was being booked for diving it looked like he was appealing to the ref. He needs to cut that out of his game.
  4. Fans - Invading the pitch during the game, tearing up seats, nicking corner flags and hanging off the goals was idiotic and incredibly embarrassing. At the end of the game is more understandable, but it's an FA Cup quarter final!!! People have been saying that that is incredibly small-time, and I entirely agree. There will be big repercussions and I sincerely hope this sort of thing doesn't happen again. The media have blown it out of proportion a bit by comparing it to the 70s and 80s, but that should be the least of our concerns. This needs to be dealt with and the club need to come out and condemn this very quickly.
  5. FA / policing / stewarding - I don't know why the FA schedule the game for the evening on a Saturday. It's a local derby which is bad enough, so don't give the fans an opportunity to drink all day and get worked up beforehand. As for the police and the stewards, I don't doubt for a second that they did all they could but there simply weren't enough of them. Again, this has to be looked at.

So overall a very good game for us in a footballing sense and hopefully the non-footballing side will be dealt with very swiftly by the club/the FA and we can move on! Bring on Wembley!

Agree with all of your post.  Regarding the point in bold, the club have condemned it already:

"The club does not condone supporters invading the field of play under any circumstances.

We are very disappointed that what should have been a very memorable and proud moment for our fans was marred by the actions of those who could not control themselves.

They have let both themselves and their club down.

The club extends its sincere apologies to the Football Association, the West Bromwich Albion directors, manager Tony Pulis and all his staff and players."

AVFC Official Site

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

When we scored the second, I went mental. My Villa, going to Wembley again. I couldn't contain the happiness. Then the pitch invasion during the game and I could honestly see the game being abandoned. My heart sunk and even at the final whistle I couldn't lift it again.

Now it's the day after, the dust has settled, the media have leapt on the overreaction bandwagon but the love and excitement is back. We're going to Wembley! The last 4 of the cup! Let's finish this! UTV.

What has happened to us, great week more than we wished for as a club. We all have to play our part in this revival and apart from the pitch invasion the fans were fantastic, maybe we can circle the wagons and use this energy to make villa park a fortress from the stands.Unbelievable week which we need to help the manager in all positive ways.

• Like 2

Yes... :ph34r: I did it all - touched the crossbar, kissed the pitch and sat in the dugout. Was all very good fun. :cheers:

Was with a Spurs-supporting mate and he was loving it almost as much as me.

Presumably you'll be sending a contribution to the club to help with the hefty fine that will be imposed.

First post ever!
First 10 mins we were very shaky, they had some chances but thankfully didn't take them. We then settled down a bit, even later in the first half it didn't look like we made anything hugely effective attacking wise and by half time I thought it was heading for a replay
Complete change in the second, Sinclair, Gabby and N'Zog ripped them apart with pace -they are pretty slow all over the pitch
Once they were down to 10 it was game over.
We seemed to have retain some of the short passing but added more direct play, counter attacks which was our style before. Midfield more confident to make forward runs, in front of the play, which is how Delph got his chance - by the run Delph made himself and Sinclair who drew defenders with him.
We took our chances, they didn't, fantastic win. Atmosphere was amazing.
More importantly we're in the semi final!! Wembley here we come!

• Like 2

Yes... :ph34r: I did it all - touched the crossbar, kissed the pitch and sat in the dugout. Was all very good fun. :cheers:

Was with a Spurs-supporting mate and he was loving it almost as much as me.

Presumably you'll be sending a contribution to the club to help with the hefty fine that will be imposed.

Lighten up FFS. I'd like to point out as well that I was not one of the idiots on the pitch the first time.

• Like 1

Â