• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

It would of been a big deal if they didn't clear off the pitch but they did so it isn't a big deal at all although I'm sure the media will make a meal out of it as did Lawro and his buddy which will be enough to get a percentage of folk thinking the same.  Some people let off a bit of steam and went a bit barmy which didn't hurt anyone and didn't affect the team, no big deal.  Censorship and control have ruined enough in todays society and I for one am glad I got to see a man running around with a dildo on his head at 7.30pm on BBC1.  :D

• Like 4

The BBC talked about the "toxic atmosphere" after the game. I saw people chanting and hugging our players. Toxic?!

The narrative must continue at all costs. See your previous reference to Pearce's meltdown at the World Cup, when the cameras panned back the studio it was described as "controversy", despite anyone with a brain being able to clearly see what had actually happened. It's a free hit for the media because all they have to do is report it, and then by doing so they keep the ball rolling and have something to report.

Anyway, **** them, **** the Baggies, **** Pulis and off to *****ing Wembley. I'm off to get hammered.

• Like 2

It would of been a big deal if they didn't clear off the pitch but they did so it isn't a big deal at all although I'm sure the media will make a meal out of it as did Lawro and his buddy which will be enough to get a percentage of folk thinking the same.  Some people let off a bit of steam and went a bit barmy which didn't hurt anyone and didn't affect the team, no big deal.  Censorship and control have ruined enough in todays society and I for one am glad I got to see a man running around with a dildo on his head at 7.30pm on BBC1.  :D

That. If no one got hurt, wtf is the big deal? ... It's a regular occurrence in the US, too, especially at basketball finals. Obviously, it can be dangerous but it's usually celebratory (which can be even more dangerous, actually):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjhDgEYmCw

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

My personal issue with the invading during the game was because I thought there was a very real possibility of the game being abandoned. I'm sure it crossed that idiot ref's mind. After all that hard work it would have been so typical to have the match replayed and we get knocked out because a few idiots can't wait a few minutes to get on the pitch.

• Like 1

The fans that went on the pitch after the 2nd goal were a bit reckless, but if there was any trouble it was the Boggies ripping chairs out and throwing them at the lower north stand fans. A few got injured and had to be carried out.

I'm sure the media will make a meal out of it 

Well, more importantly, I expect the FA will make a "meal" of it, i.e. they will impose a heavy fine if not worse, because it is well established that is what happens to clubs who can't control their fans.

The so-called "fans" who have brought this on the club must have known this would be the result.

I can't believe that people on here are defending the brainless activity that took place around the end of the match.

If they were planning to damage the club, fine, well done, you achieved your objective.

If they felt in any way their behaviour was acceptable and appropriate for supporters, they need to go for a brain scan pdq. 

• Like 1

Well, more importantly, I expect the FA will make a "meal" of it, i.e. they will impose a heavy fine if not worse, because it is well established that is what happens to clubs who can't control their fans.

The so-called "fans" who have brought this on the club must have known this would be the result.

I can't believe that people on here are defending the brainless activity that took place around the end of the match.

If they were planning to damage the club, fine, well done, you achieved your objective.

If they felt in any way their behaviour was acceptable and appropriate for supporters, they need to go for a brain scan pdq. 

Christ calm down.

People are annoyed because of this media, click-baiting, moral high ground-taking reaction to the fans after the game. The invasion before was silly, but it's happened many times before. The invasion after: what's wrong with it? Fairly standard practice. It is a bit small-time, but who cares.

Watching this game from 3,400 miles away, I am mostly puzzled by the strong reaction against the pitch-invaders. I know I obviously don't appreciate why it's considered so terrible because it mostly seems like an amusing distraction to laugh off; I'm thinking there must be some dark history of such incidents in Britain, or there's a legal reason? The reaction is one of those moments where I realize I still have so much to learn about the game "over there."

I don't think there would have been an issue, if they'd waited till the full time whistle. Going on with only a couple of minutes to go though, and facing the possible prospect of getting the match abandoned is an issue though. I appreciate the outpouring of emotion though, and if I'd been there, I may have done the same. 

Edited by dAVe80

The Premier League has just signed a £5,000,000,000 television deal.

If I had been there today the very last thing i would have contemplated before a potential pitch invasion was the potential £100,000 fine, (probably less).

Looking like an absolute mug, embarrassing the team, club and myself, possibly being banned from future games, they would have influenced my thoughts.

Costing Randy Lerner some $$$, not so much.

• Like 1

The BBC talked about the "toxic atmosphere" after the game. I saw people chanting and hugging our players. Toxic?!

Batshit crazy.

Yeah that pissed me off too. 

• Like 1

Get in !!!!!

Superb result and a good performance in the second half.

I really think the players are responding to the wood.

Attacking at pace , players making runs and we look a trhreat .

Shame about te pitch invasion during the game but it won't spoil this day !

WEMBERRLLYY .......

Actually the police only operate outside...

If that's the case, what were all the rozzers that I saw on my telly screen doing inside VP?

Just getting a free view of the game?

Anyway, top result.

Two very poor decisions from the ref for the second yellows for each player, too.

Batshit crazy.

Yeah that pissed me off too.

It's understandable really, for someone used to Anfield all that noise must have been really frightening.

• Like 4

Â