• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

WEMBLEY!

We were terrible first half but what a transformation! Well done Tim!

Sinclair and Zoggy were class.

Both red cards were shocking decisions.

Atmosphere sounded great, gutted I couldn't go.

WEMBLEY!

edit: last on match of the day, some things never change  ;)

Edited by chappy

Why are they invading the pitch in a quarter finals.

Because the idiots at the FA moved the semifinals to Wembley

good point, you want us all to care about qualifying for a semi final at wembley that every man and his dog knows shouldnt be there, and then punish us for over exuberance for getting there... 

Jesus christ lighten up and enjoy the win.

Erm.

I think you've missed the point/relevance of the Kenneth Williams picture. :unsure:

Was on about the post above mate sorry

• Like 1

So I just watched the Delph "biting" interview, and I may be wrong, but the way it came across to me, was he was absolutely loving it and took it all in good humour. 

he was jumping up and down with a mob of them at the end there, far from scary

Don't you understand? He could have been killed! The scenes at the end were disgraceful - I say we bring back capital punishment and execute the lot or maybe get the RAF to carpet bomb VP. Clearly what happened last night will go down as one of the most disgraceful acts in human history.

**** off BBC you words removed.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

The club will get fined, we go again.

1st half we were struggling but the lads didn't go in their shells like we have seen many times this season and came out inthe 2nd half and forced their way into the game.

Delph took his goal well as did Sinclair but the whole team battled well and we were well worth the win.

Loving Sherwood's AVFC at the moment, we are still short in areas (Centre Forward in particular) but he has got this team firing.

A word about the referee, what was he seeing? Neither sendings off we correct imo, he gave fouls for good tackles and missed some that should have been free kicks. He was stood about 5 yards away from an Tescos bag who clearly deflected the ball behind in the 1st half for a corner but gave a goal kick. Very very poor.

Oh and Wembley, Wembley were the only team from Birmingham who are going to Wembley :)

Don't you understand? He could have been killed! The scenes at the end were disgraceful - I say we bring back capital punishment and execute the lot or maybe get the RAF to carpet bomb VP. Clearly what happened last night will go down as one of the most disgraceful acts in human history.

Were you on the pitch Mantis? :ph34r:

The BBC always try to make things sound worse than they are, the 1st invasion was stupid but after the whistle it's just excitment. It's against the law/rules so the club will cop it but no one was hurt and it all looked smiles. Like I said in the topic about the fans coming onto the pitch I don't agree with it happening but it wasn't as if the fans were attacking anyone (unless I missed something).

Given how many likes my initial post has got, I want to say that I completely understand the fans running onto the pitch after the final whistle. The reaction of the commentators, comparing it to the bad old days of soccer hooliganism, was an absolute joke. It was like Pearce and Lawro were looking for something to criticise like they had been all game, and since we'd won and they couldn't criticise the performance any more they decided to latch onto the next exaggeration they could find. The reports I've seen since the end of the match, about Olbeyun fans ripping up chairs and throwing coins, are far worse than a few ebullient fans running onto the pitch and nicking a corner flag.

The first half performance was poor, with way too much of our play being forced into the wide margins of the pitch and not enough movement up front. Honestly, we were lucky to go in nil-nil at half time. The second half was a vast improvement, with standout performances from Gabby, Zog and Sinclair. Other players made errors but also had great individual moments. We looked far more positive going forward and played much more direct, attacking football, as well as having some really nice intricate moments of passing. Overall I feel like the result wad fair, although it was marred by the early pitch invasion and the refereeing performance, which was absolutely appalling all round; neither red-carded player deserved it, and the ref made a string of ludicrous decisions.

Were going to Wembley, which is great. But more importantly for me, these last two matches have given me real hope that we can stay in this league, and that we deserve to. UTV!

• Like 1

Were you on the pitch Mantis? :ph34r:

The BBC always try to make things sound worse than they are, the 1st invasion was stupid but after the whistle it's just excitment. It's against the law/rules so the club will cop it but no one was hurt and it all looked smiles. Like I said in the topic about the fans coming onto the pitch I don't agree with it happening but it wasn't as if the fans were attacking anyone (unless I missed something).

Yes... :ph34r: I did it all - touched the crossbar, kissed the pitch and sat in the dugout. Was all very good fun. :cheers:

Was with a Spurs-supporting mate and he was loving it almost as much as me.

• Like 2

Â