• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The main thing for me is the result and we won so get in there!

You could see the difference in the performance 2nd half and not only did we score 2 but we could have scored more. Great to see a manager making a positive difference at half time.

Yes, the fans on the pitch at the end (before the final whistle) were idiots but there was a clear lack of stewards which didn't help the situation, along with the late kick off time on the weekend for a derby match.

Wembley here we come - well played you Villa boys! :)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

TV are laying it on a bit thick with the pitch invasion, aren't they?  It's poor etiquette in the current climate but those in the commentary box played in an era where pitch invasions were actively encouraged on the final day of the season and happened fairly regularly after big games too.  It's not hooliganism, it's not the heinous crime that Lawro is trying to make it out to be. At least Lineker is acting as the voice of reason. 

Yeah no one got killed did they 

Had they been scousers theyd have been heroes - good old scousers  

• Like 4

It was a disaster waiting to happen. Late derby on a Saturday with hardly any police/stewards? Was always going to happen if we won.

Stupid fans and I hope they get banned.

What, all 10,000 of us?

The idiots before the whistle yes. **** morons. But when did football become something so stoic?

After everything we have been through over the last five years we deserve a release.

Up The Villa!

Yeah the ones before the final whistle. The ones after were only natural! Glad we have something yo celebrate after so long.

The papers are descrining it as "crowd trouble".

While technically accurate, it suggests something rather more serious than some drunken boisterous idiots running on the pitch and singing, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Loads of talk on 5Live about chairs being ripped up. Was that Villa fans? If so, ban the **** lot of them.

Had a quick look at a baggies forum and they were saying it was their lot throwing them from height onto villa fans. Disgraceful if true, could have done some serious damage.

In fairness to their (decent forum) fans..from what I read, they were as disgusted with that as us.

Idiots, the fans on the pitch.

Thats what happens when we drop all the ticket prices to aldi price!.. 

Before the final whistle!..

Edited by Kingman

Can't blame the fans for getting too excited and to claim it ruined the day is complete crap.  Blame the club for having the game on at this time and not having enough stewards.  Anyway forget bout that and concentrate on what matters, fa cup semi final and we bossed that second half.  I thought the midfield were brilliant as were Sinclair and Zog.  Gabby looked dangerous and was involved a lot.  Given did well in goal also.  

Delph MOTM

Agree with most of that exceot that it was the BBC who wanted it played at 5.30... Its one of things I detest about modern football whereby the TV companies seemingly run the game!

Jonathan Pearce's reaction was absolutely tragic. Retire you oaf.

He;s not himself.

9 months later, he's still analysing replays to see if the ball crossed the line.

You listen to Football Ramble!

Edited by Don_Simon

**** the fans that went on during the game. Have no problem doing it after then game. People have waited for good times to come back. Let them celebrate ffs...even if its just a quarter final.

People love an overreaction don't they? Some morons calling for us to be kicked out the cup or play behind closed doors on talk sport. The police are to blame for all of this, doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise a local derby on a Saturday evening is asking for trouble.

Actually the police only operate outside - its the stewards job to keep order - there just weren't enough of them. I think most fans run on because they thought the final whistle had gone.

Be interesting to see the reporting if Liverpool fans invade the pitch tomorrow.....

I was sat in the North stand had a pound coin hit which the guy next to me pocketed and there were seats getting chucked by the wba scum above us...pfff. At least my mate has made himself internet famous for a night by wearing a dildo on his head.....also VP was rocking tonight well done all who was there

Â