Have you given up on this season?

Marka Ragnos

Given up?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Have you packed this season in, emotionally?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost
    • Other - explain

11 games to go and in the bottom 3 on goal difference, FA cup quarter final - why would anyone give up? Saw a big improvement in the team today so i'm confident we'll stay up and have a wembley trip to look forward to.

Keep the faith

When you put it in that context its gives you hope no doubt.

But to pick up 0 points from our last 3 of

Hull (a)

Stoke (h)

Newcastle (a)

Is criminal. When you're in a fight you just have to show something and grind out something. They say things always go against you when you're down there and that was so true yesterday we definitely should of took something but didnt again. 13 goals in 27, 15 defeats and we're still only in there on GD just shows how bad you have to be to actually go down. We still have a big chance im just not confident we'll do enough to take it. Definitely have hope though

No.

All it takes is 2 consecutive wins and we're in a good position again.

All it takes? I admire your optimism but we can't even score let alone win a game :P

When did we last have consecutive wins?

Back in early December was when we last won, (also 2 in a row Palace and Leicester), You then have to go back to early September for the next win (Liverpool)

With Lambert continuing to be in charge this season, I felt we'd always struggle, but quite possibly scrape our way into another Premier League season. That changed by about November, since then, I've been expecting us to go down. With Sherwood as our new manager I expect nothing to change, we're going down, Sherwood isn't good enough to keep us up IMO. 

If we beat Sunderland and QPR we will stay up,and tbh if we cant beat them then we dont deserve to stay up.I cant see QPR,Burnley and Leicester getting many points.

I think we have a great chance of staying up.

Compare our games under Lambert to our 2 games under Sherwood and it looks like 2 different teams to me.Under Lambert our tactic seemed to be, just kick the ball twords that end of the field and hope something happens.Under Sherwood I get the impression the players are trying to make something happen.Also allow for the fact that when Lambert got rid of the "high erners" he also got rid of the experiance,skill and knowledge of experianced players.

I gave up on it before the start of the season. For the first time in over 35 years I haven't been to a single game, and have no intention of going to one, either.

I thought before the start we'd go down, and (unsurprisingly) I haven't changed my mind at any point.

Me too. I don't even watch highlights any more. Haven't seen MOTD in ages......

I just don't see the point of getting pissed off about football every week.

• Like 2

No I haven't, but the positivity is getting sucked out of me. This fight against relegation is taking all my Villa energy. I don't care about anything except points. I don't care who plays well and who doesn't. I couldn't care less about formations or subs. Just score, someone, anyone.

• Like 2

Not given up yet and I think we have a pretty good chance to survive, but this weekend was the first time (probably ever) that I wasn't looking forward seeing us play. Normally I start thinking who should we start mid week and Friday-Saturday morning envisioning how we'll score goals. This week, nothing. I didn't want Villa to play.

Well, if you add the yeses to the almosts, there's definitely more hope than acceptance of a lost cause, right? I am honestly quite surprised -- and pleased. It's clear there's an often quiet majority who aren't ready to throw in the towel. Makes me feel good to be a Villan!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I don't care much about Villa being in the top 6 but it would be great just to see some decent football, is that to much to ask for nowadays?

To think we might go down playing the shite we have and the worst goals in England (perhaps Europe) makes me angry and sad at the same time.

I do think if Sherwood is allowed to bring in his own players we will see better football but i can't see him in the championship with our best players gone.

I gave up on it before the start of the season. For the first time in over 35 years I haven't been to a single game, and have no intention of going to one, either.

I thought before the start we'd go down, and (unsurprisingly) I haven't changed my mind at any point.

To be honest I gave up not just on the season, but on Premier league football. It's overpriced tat for the most part.

What football do you like then?

i havent given up just yet. we have looked better the last couple of games but in the end we gave away the points due to individual misstakes. aslong as they can get their shit together we can pull through this. Until we are mathematically down im not going to give up

I clicked 'yes' as a protest really - such anger and woe with all things Villa flooding my mind.

But there is perspective in this thread and my feelings, my passion and love for the club soon took hold again with the hope that something positive could still be salvaged from the very routine fashion of our ongoing season of decline.

It's all about the language you choose to use... We 'only' need to win this or that... we 'only' need to get so many points... It's 'only QPR and Burnley...' etc. All sounds so simple. But we really are so close to Wembley day out. Even if it ends in tears at the first hurdle - it WON'T be those words removed from Chelsea that do it... Words removed. European Football within three/four seasons... that's Fox's plan isn't it? I will be genuinely amazed if that comes off.

A lot of me is with Blandy - stay up, and for what? More of the same? Going down would feel really nasty, like it did last time. But on paper, we should be able to score goals and win games in a lower division. The fear being just how far we do fall... I think while FFP is here in it's current state, I think the best we can hope for right now is to become the best looking (lovely colours, lovely stadium) yo-yo club.

The bitter thing about life in the Championship is, you could have one really great season to get promoted, only to be bummed into relegation from the top flight again... FFP makes that almost inevitable for a club like ours that has been cutting back for half a decade... We can't just go out and spend our way out of it... Shit, I have rambled off topic. Sorry.

Yeah, still find hope and fight in me... I'm just not sure I fully embrace the full broad prospects of what it is we are fighting for...

To quote a quirky golden droid in the greatest story ever told... "Will this madness never end?"

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1