Have you given up on this season?

Marka Ragnos

Given up?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Have you packed this season in, emotionally?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost
    • Other - explain

Terrible owner, two terrible managers and two impending losses to the Tesco bags, What's there to hold on to? I was very worried after our horror show of a Xmas run where we had easy games and the Hull game away showed that we are going down.

this season has been dire but I'm not dreading relegation. If we go down, so be it - we havent been good enough for years, not reached 40 points since the Houillier season. Am I really that bothered about making up the numbers? Even if we get back to battling for the heady heights of 8th, 7th or 6th that is still all we'd be doing. Will I stop supporting Villa if we get relegated? No, obviously not - part of me is excited to be part of a competitive league that we might win, plus well get a few decent Midlands derby games. Look at the top clubs and look at Southampton, were as likely to get back among the big boys if we go down and have to battle our way back up, however long that takes, as we are if we scrape to 34 poxy points this season. Premier league football hasn't been exciting for a long time, it'd hurt to lose the prestige of being ever present in the league, but once I get over that there will be reasons to be excited going into the next season. We've won nothing at all for the best part of 20 years, this club needs to regain a willing mentality and if that's in the championship then so be it

After suffering the hammer blow of the injury time loss to Stoke, then going up to Newcastle at the weekend for the latest defeat I am very close to my tipping point. However we have two local derbies this week and I say we show the Baggies that we are loud, proud and Villa til we die. If at the end of the week it has gone badly and we win neither game, I'll be ready to throw in the towel. Win one of the two and our season is very much alive as we are either off to Wembley or in with a real shot of staying up!

this season has been dire but I'm not dreading relegation. If we go down, so be it - we havent been good enough for years, not reached 40 points since the Houillier season. Am I really that bothered about making up the numbers? Even if we get back to battling for the heady heights of 8th, 7th or 6th that is still all we'd be doing. Will I stop supporting Villa if we get relegated? No, obviously not - part of me is excited to be part of a competitive league that we might win, plus well get a few decent Midlands derby games. Look at the top clubs and look at Southampton, were as likely to get back among the big boys if we go down and have to battle our way back up, however long that takes, as we are if we scrape to 34 poxy points this season. Premier league football hasn't been exciting for a long time, it'd hurt to lose the prestige of being ever present in the league, but once I get over that there will be reasons to be excited going into the next season. We've won nothing at all for the best part of 20 years, this club needs to regain a willing mentality and if that's in the championship then so be it

Yes we have.

Yes we have.

Whoops, of course we have. It's still been largely dire though

Strange to think, but this could turn out to be our most successful season in a long time. We may look back on this thread come the end of May with a rye smile and a European adventure to look forward to. UTV

I'm even more confident of this happening following Tuesday's result against the boggies. #keepthefaith

• Like 1

Never gave up in the 60's when we were vurtually bankrupt not in the third division or when we got relegated in the 80's so shy the **** would give up through this!

Get a grip! It isn't gonna be the end of life as we know it. I'd follow villa in the conference let alone any other league!

I would still follow Villa if we were a Sunday League outfit, wearing claret & blue bin liners and playing at Cooksey Lane Playing Fields.  :D

• Like 3

Im new school, fall out of the Premier League and I won't bother anymore. Its all about the staying in the Prem.........

Just kidding, VTID

Never gave up in the 60's when we were vurtually bankrupt not in the third division or when we got relegated in the 80's so shy the **** would give up through this!

Get a grip! It isn't gonna be the end of life as we know it. I'd follow villa in the conference let alone any other league!

I would still follow Villa if we were a Sunday League outfit, wearing claret & blue bin liners and playing at Cooksey Lane Playing Fields. :D

I don't even know where Cooksey Lane is. But I'll Google it and I'll be there.