Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

On 20/05/2021 at 04:21, chrisp65 said:

Our college band was called The Alternative Vegetables.

I hated that name, but it was me that had come up with it and for some reason it stuck. Just too difficult to say.

We were later called Spanners and got to the point where we sold tickets for our launch / farewell gig.

Tepid Soup forever!

1 hour ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I’ve never really thought about it before looking at this map...but I guess the Midwest is really more of a Mideast! 

I've probably mentioned this before, but how the hell has Texas ever been 'the wild west'? It's on the east coast! 

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've probably mentioned this before, but how the hell has Texas ever been 'the wild west'? It's on the east coast! 

South Coast surely? And I guess it's the Wild West as its as far west as settlers had got when it got it's name

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Would it not depend on where you start from?

The Far East isn’t that far if you set off from Japan. It would also mostly be to your West.

• Like 1

I guess it might be something to do with the Mississippi maybe? It’s a kinda East/West boundary line and Texas falls on the West side. 

“Careful sheriff, he’s the fastest gun west of the Mississippi!” Not sure if that’s actually been uttered in too many westerns but it’s a trope I associate with them.

Â