Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Just now, bickster said:

I sometimes make it at the weekend and just reheat it for dinner for a couple of nights early midweek

That is the smart play 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Where actually is that? It looks like the North West and West Midlands, or is it a super zoomed in Liverpool? And why is what looks like Barrow disconnected?

Traditional Lancashire (Not Current). The gap was formerly the county of Westmoreland, the bit the other side of the  gap (Morecombe Bay) is now part of Cumbria but is traditionally Lancashire

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Traditional Lancashire (Not Current). The gap was formerly the county of Westmoreland, the bit the other side of the  gap (Morecombe Bay) is now part of Cumbria but is traditionally Lancashire

Ah right, just looked it up and realised the Wirral isn't part of Lancashire, which I always assumed it was given I pretty much think of it as part of Liverpool, so it confused me to not see it and I'd guessed what I think is Fleetwood was the Wirral.

Makes more sense now though.

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

the Wirral isn't part of Lancashire, which I always assumed it was given I pretty much think of it as part of Liverpool, 

Wars have been started over less.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, bickster said:

b86m8c5e6on71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Hence my comments on my local FB group on VE Day, asking why people had decked their houses in British, French and American flags, but not a Soviet flag in sight. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Going to be 2010 as original post on reddit (not where I got it from) is 2 years old

Hopefully some enterprising person will make a post-2020 for comparison. I have no idea how much would have changed, but it would be interesting to see.

• Like 1

I don't have an associated map, but this evening I watched this video and learned that Australia and New Zealand are as far apart as the UK and Morocco, and I've done some research that states this is actually understating it and the NZ-MOR distance is quite a bit further. My mind was blown.

• Like 1

Â