Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, as we’re now here:

Turned up late at The Royal Festival Hall and for some reason, being from the sticks, we presumed we could drive up the RFH and park!

Got there, there was reserved parking, all full, except for one space right next to the security hut, which had red n white chevron tape across it and a sign that said ‘reserved for band’.

I drove through the tape and in to the parking bay, we all jumped out and started running. The Security Guard came out of her little hut and shouted after us ‘good luck! I’ll tell them you’re on your way!’

I think a "Things I once got up to" thread might be a great laugh in OT :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

True story. I used to skip queues and get access to VIP rooms with my mates in Liverpool by telling the bouncer we were the Plastic Cardigans. I think the accent added authenticity. To the extent a bouncer in a place my mate went to quite regularly, recognised us in the queue one night, came down, took us out of the queue and brought us to the front - without us even asking :D  The Plastic Cardigans remain one of my proudest spur of the moment creations to this day.

When I was at school, we used to make up imaginary band and album names like that, and one of our favourites - so much so that I remember it to this day - was 'Plastic Dog Cardigan'. 

• Like 1

Our college band was called The Alternative Vegetables.

I hated that name, but it was me that had come up with it and for some reason it stuck. Just too difficult to say.

We were later called Spanners and got to the point where we sold tickets for our launch / farewell gig.

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Our college band was called The Alternative Vegetables.

I hated that name, but it was me that had come up with it and for some reason it stuck. Just too difficult to say.

We were later called Spanners and got to the point where we sold tickets for our launch / farewell gig.

My first band also had a combined launch/farewell gig. We were called (appropriately enough) Famous Last Words. 

FB_IMG_1621511598486.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyway... maps

Whats this a map of?

vl8hlwlaxm071.jpg?width=640&height=469&c

I've seen it on Twitter earlier so I'll stay shtum 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are obviously not a coffee drinking country.

I am rather shocked at some of those results, mainly ours and Spains, or are skewed by Brits on the piss, lowering our beer consumption and increasing theirs

9n9g8uy1s8371.png?width=960&height=864&c

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

We are obviously not a coffee drinking country.

I am rather shocked at some of those results, mainly ours and Spains, or are skewed by Brits on the piss, lowering our beer consumption and increasing theirs

9n9g8uy1s8371.png?width=960&height=864&c

Without question we aren’t a coffee nation. I would however question the results. Says the man who drinks wine as his main staple beverage. 

• Haha 1

Â