Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Might be an interesting map in the making?

About 15 years ago I went on walk (when I could walk that is!) in Brockenhurst, New Forest and discovered a house called Aston Villa, that same year I went to Spain and found a couple of Villas called Aston. Then about 10 years ago I was stuck in a traffic jam in Colden Common near Winchester and spotted a couple of houses called Aston Villas. Made me think, how many Aston Villas are there? Now, urgently, 10 years later and this morning I decided to start to try to find out, does anyone know of any? message me so I can add them to the map.

Heres a link to my attempt using google maps  - Aston Villas of the World - Google Maps 

Surely, please, I can't be the only person sad enough to attempt this.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Curious that France is a red surrounded by greens. 

They’re counting Parisians and Provencals as well. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2021 at 14:17, It's Your Round said:

Useful to know for booking your midnight train. 

A smiley wasn't enough. Bravo 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

eahmpyufzqe71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Wow. ‘Lobscouse’ must be cognate with the Norwegian ‘lapskaus’, also meaning meat and root vegetable stew. Never heard that before. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Wow. ‘Lobscouse’ must be cognate with the Norwegian ‘lapskaus’, also meaning meat and root vegetable stew. Never heard that before. 

It's the very derivation of Scouse, basically beef stew, traditional (lol) dish of Liverpool that gives its name to the dialect and the people of Liverpool. The story goes that the dish was passed on via Scandinavian sailors coming into the port of Liverpool

EDIT: And ignore the Scouse / Lobscouse, North / South divide of Liverpool, utter nonsense that bit, I've never heard it called anything other than Scouse.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Lapskojs, lovely stuff :D

8 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Lapskojs, lovely stuff :D

The wife actually suggested I make it for dinner tomorrow. I told her to do one. It’s nice, but not worth the prep and cook time. 

I’m going to insist on spagbol 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, El Zen said:

The wife actually suggested I make it for dinner tomorrow. I told her to do one. It’s nice, but not worth the prep and cook time. 

I’m going to insist on spagbol 😅

Stew in the summer?  It's winter comfort food

Â