Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Today I learned many things from one map . . .

Final-2021-Coroner-Partisan-Shift.png

Firstly, more than half of American states contain at least one county in which coroner is an elected post;

Secondly, that in many of these states, every or nearly every county has an elected coroner;

Thirdly, that you can see the former electoral dominance of Democrats in the South through coroner's offices (because most coroner elections are uncontested, and most coroners are old).

From here, where there's also an extremely detailed state-by-state breakdown: https://mcimaps.com/halloween-2021-an-updated-look-at-coroner-elections-in-american/

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Robert Plant might have something  to say about that

I think West Brom and Staffordshire would have something to say about that and here we are back full circle to where we were last time the map was posted :mrgreen:

EDIT: and that would remove the stain of the little fat dancer for Take That off the map

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Who doesn't love a map of Tazzy?

It kinda puts Australia into context when you realise Tasmania is ~80% the size of Ireland.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

I think West Brom and Staffordshire would have something to say about that and here we are back full circle to where we were last time the map was posted :mrgreen:

EDIT: and that would remove the stain of the little fat dancer for Take That off the map

Born in West Brom hospital but he's from Halesowen which is Worcestershire, went to King Eds in Stourbridge and now lives on the outskirts of kiddy

we claim him 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Born in West Brom hospital but he's from Halesowen which is Worcestershire, went to King Eds in Stourbridge and now lives on the outskirts of kiddy

we claim him 

My uncle was in the same class as him 👍🏻

During his wilderness years (before Page & Plant unplugged for MTV) he used to go The French Connection at the top of lower High Street in Stourbridge every Saturday and eat garlic bread and drink tea. My best mate worked there and said he was really boring. 

This was before the idea of re-becoming famous happened. It used to be once you had your time it was over. Now people seem to be famous forever even if the only good thing they did was over 50 years ago.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My uncle was in the same class as him 👍🏻

During his wilderness years (before Page & Plant unplugged for MTV) he used to go The French Connection at the top of lower High Street in Stourbridge every Saturday and eat garlic bread and drink tea. My best mate worked there and said he was really boring. 

This was before the idea of re-becoming famous happened. It used to be once you had your time it was over. Now people seem to be famous forever even if the only good thing they did was over 50 years ago.

My godfather still sees him from time to time at the tennis club, and my wife saw him the other day at the college in Kidderminster. Dunno if he specifically is boring, but he certainly does plenty of everyday stuff.

• Like 1

Â