The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Say we did sack TS, who would honestly take his place? I'm not convinced Rodgers would fancy it, and who else is there? Chopping and changing gaffers hasn't exactly solved our situation recently has it? IMO the problem lies way above the manager and coaches.

• Like 1

Say we did sack TS, who would honestly take his place? I'm not convinced Rodgers would fancy it, and who else is there? Chopping and changing gaffers hasn't exactly solved our situation recently has it? IMO the problem lies way above the manager and coaches.

You might have something there.... someone should start a thread about Lerner ;)

• Like 2

You might have something there.... someone should start a thread about Lerner ;)

Maybe someone should make some bedsheet banners as well to really sock it to him. He does devoutly attend every home match after all...

Forgetting whether he should or shouldn't go, which I've made my feelings clear on, there is basically ZERO chance of him being sacked anytime soon. Nothing more complex behind this reasoning than his time in the job.

In Aston Villa's history, the lowest number of competitive games a manager has overseen has been 36 and this was because Houllier had to resign due to ill health. After this the next lowest is the amazing Billy McNeill with 41 games in the season we were relegated. So Sherwood's 26 games is likely to mean he's got at LEAST another 10 games before this is a serious question for Tom Fox, and more likely another 20.

He's going nowhere. Aston Villa managers on average last slightly over two years, the league average is just over a year. So come Feb/ March is satistically the most likely time we'll see any changes as he'd have done over a year by then and had around 40 games.

I agree, I think should we lose to Chelsea and Swansea he will be lucky to continue as manager. I think the way Fox has gone about trying to rebuild the commercial aspect of the club and with the investment in a more youthful but potentially much more profitable squad he will not let the situation get out of hand as with Lambert under Faulkner. I think he would want to give Sherwood as much time as possible but not to the detriment of our premier league status, especially with the new tv money kicking in at the end of this season. 

I think he has already lost the majority of the fans trust with his nonsense decision making and bs comments, contradicting himself time and time again. Another 2 games of it and I think it will become too hostile for him to continue in his role. It would be a shame as I have felt although a bit of a clearing in the woods he was for a period a breath of fresh air after Lambert. Watching him unravel though over the last month has been a bit cringeable and brought me to the conclusion that he just doesn't have the nous for this level of management at the moment. 

I will be grateful for helping to keep us up, the cup run etc and will wish him well in the future but fear that a parting of the ways is somewhat inevitable and the countdown has already begun.  

• Like 3

I guess I simply don't know enough of what goes on at Villa park to know what to say.

what we all agree on is that we want to stay in this division.....how we achieve that .....god knows.

I am no more convinced about changing him as keeping him.

The worry is Lambert just kept plodding along when he knew he had lost it......is this similar?

Edited by TRO

Think Moyes would be the best candidate. He helped Everton become a top half team and they were in bad shape when he initially took over and had relegation battle I believe. 

A a good manager, plus Lerner likes him. Can't ever see it but he's my choice at the moment. 

They are all good managers until they arrive at B6

• Like 2

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-facing-aston-villa-6606690?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It is understood Sherwood has made his feelings known to the club’s hierarchy, including chief executive Tom Fox, after they went for overseas signings who lack Premier League experience.

Sherwood wanted the likes of Aaron Lennon, Andros Townsend and Emmanuel Adebayor from former club Tottenham.

Brendan Rogers.....remember his semi final team? He would be another waste of time .

We should go all out for a man tactically outsmarted by Keith Curle, Paul Lambert and Tim Sherwood

What a class act, this 'leak' cuts even closer to the bone.  Keep um coming buddy, this is a sure fire way to save your job....

can't work out if he is just trying save his reputation or really this stupid.

Does he think by coming out in the press and firstly contradicting himself on the transfers made over the summer, and secondly by publicly shaming the new signings, they'll suddenly settle and start playing to their abilities?!?!

This disgrace of a human being is breaking my heart, becoming too painful to watch this clown ruin our club, what did we do to deserve this moron.

• Like 1

Â